Search results

1. Larry S

Bathroom sink - Ceramic or Vitreous China for undermount

I've noticed some sinks, or similar models, are available in either ceramic or vitreous china - even from the same manufacturer. Which should I pick and why? Also: Some basic brands or house brands (Glacier bay) look about the same as the more well known brands and as much as 1/3 the price...
  2. Larry S

Can I temporarily replace laundry utility sink with a stand pipe and if so then how?

I'm planning on doing a little renovation in my laundry room which will involve replacing, or rebuilding, the laundry room sink cabinet (an old poor looking Duratub utility sink). We use the washing machine every day so I'm thinking of just installing a standpipe for the few days that there...
  3. Larry S

Any need to replace this 6 year old anode rod?

After learning about how anode rods work and replacing them, I was going to replace the anode in my 6 year old water heater. (Rheem Pro+75-76N). But when I started to pull it out it looks very intact so I was going to hold off. Anything I'm missing which would suggest replacement now? Of...
  4. Larry S

DIYer Installed Toto Toilet and Things I Obsessed about

After a couple week delay due to warehouse shipping errors, I received my Toto Entrada toilet last night and installed it today. I noticed the instructions with the toilet covered the Drake models and several other similar toilets in the Toto line as well as the Entrada. I read the thread...
  5. Larry S

Which Toilet Gasket/Seal?

I am getting ready to install a new Toto Entrada toilet over a newly tiled floor. The old toilet flange is roughly level with the top of the floor (not above it) but is not level. The high side is between 1/8” and 1/16” above the surface of the floor and the low side is an equal distance...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks