Search results

1. Plumber'sSon

Navien NCB-240 runs water from the relief valve pipe

I saw Errors 351 Abnormal auto feeder valve and most recently 353 Abnormal water pressure sensor. A maintenance guy showed up and saw the 353 error. He is going to replace the sensor. The PSI reading by the way is crazy - up to 50
  2. Plumber'sSon

It was rather a puddle of water on the floor :-)
  3. Plumber'sSon

It has been extremely cold for couple last days here in Boston, so I turned my second heating zone on for the first time in the season. Yesterday morning the temperature shown by the thermostat was 62 although it was set for 65. I went down and saw both zones were working. This morning I went...
  4. Plumber'sSon

Rocking Toilet

When I removed the old toilet I saw a lot of damage from the leaks. Rusty bolts, dark spots on the plywood etc. It was before I joined this forum I installed the first Drake. I googled the solution and Perfect Seal seemed to be a good compromise: wax ring + some reinforcement and ajustability...
  5. Plumber'sSon

Rocking Toilet

I may have not made myself clear. I am trying to give all the relevant (from my point of view) details and not to be too verbose. Please see my reply to Terry's posting. I would be glad to provide more details. Thanks
  6. Plumber'sSon

Rocking Toilet

I am using the "Perfect Seal Toilet Wax Ring" as my flange is tilted and part of it is under the tile while another part is above. I did not see much of rocking with Toto Drake. I wonder if Toto Drake II has a more uneven base surface. One side of the toilet seats on the floor for the most part...
  7. Plumber'sSon

Rocking Toilet

Does not answer my questions. My gap(s) are pretty big: both long and high. I mostly wonder if I need to use multiple shims instead of just 3, which stop the rocking. See please the original posting.
  8. Plumber'sSon

Rocking Toilet

It is rather a generic question, sorry if it was discussed earlier. I am installing a Toto Drake II and discovered that it wobbles a lot. First of all it was surprising as the previous Toto Drake I installed few months ago but had to replace because of a leak in the bowl did not rock that much...
  9. Plumber'sSon

Combi-Boiler NCB 240 (Navien)

I absolutely agree, Dana is fantastic. I have been totally swamped with the kitchen remodeling last couple months, so have not spent much time with the Navien. I really need to tune it up. Hope to resume my boiler related activities soon. Thanks jac04 and Dana
  10. Plumber'sSon

Hi Dana, Reporting: This Monday was pretty cold day here. The temperature in the house did not rise above 65 F while it was set for 68 F. The schedule was to keep 59 F until 5:00 PM and 68 F until 10:00 PM. At 7:10 PM the temperature was 62 F, at 8:30 PM - 64 F and at 10:00 PM - 65 F. I was...
  11. Plumber'sSon

Hi Dana, Thanks a lot for your input. I need some time to digest the info. The boiler has been installed. If it does not deliver what was promised I will use your data when asking for fine tuning.
  12. Plumber'sSon

It is ' (feet) of course, rather than '' (inches) in the post above: 105 ' and 55 '
  13. Plumber'sSon

105 '' fin tube upstairs and 55 '' in the basement. I think the pipe is 3 / 4 '' The guy told the NCB 240 is modular and can go as low as 18,000 BTU I have not done calculation on my own. I think you are better at it. Thanks
  14. Plumber'sSon

Natural Gas; Forced Water, baseboard; ~1500 sf main level - 1st zone; ~550 sf Basement - 2nd zone
  15. Plumber'sSon

I am looking to replace an old boiler. A contractor suggested me to install a combination of a boiler and tankless water heater. He works with Navien equipment. He explained that if I replace just a boiler I would need to change the venting of the water heater as the boiler is a direct venting...
  16. Plumber'sSon

CST744 or CST454

Thanks guys! Actually, I was very surprised the Toto's bowl had a crack. Probably, I have just fallen into those 0.5 % If you do not mind I have few more questions: 1. Double Cyclone Rinse - is it more powerful? 2 CEFIONTECT - just keeps the bowl cleaner or helps the evacuation as well Thanks
  17. Plumber'sSon

CST744 or CST454

I returned my CST744EL bowl with a crack. I want to give Toto another try. What should I go with under $300: CST744, CST454 or something else? (1.28) And what those numerous letters stand for? Thanks
  18. Plumber'sSon

What is the shortcut in siphon (CST744EL)

Sorry Terry, I did not know I violated some rules. This was the only picture I found that showed my toilet with this short 'pipe'. What is your opinion on Danco Perfect Seal? My flange is not level. It is about 1 / 8 '' (or little bit more) below the tiles on the back and about 1 / 8 '' (or...
  19. Plumber'sSon

Oops, I think the picture just changed. Probably I sent the link rather than the picture. Trying again (the real one)
  20. Plumber'sSon

Hi experts, I have not seen this short 'pipe' connecting two siphon branches anywhere else. What is it for? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks