Search results

1. R

Septic system electrical lines

Thanks Speedy Petey for the concerns. The tank alert is an SJE 101 series built in 1996. As far as I can tell the line that runs to the float is 12 volts. The use of UF wire was advised by several people. Seems in Mn, even if it is in a conduit it has to be rated for underground use. My...
  2. R

Thanks guys, The float alarm sets off an audible signal in the house. I did contact a local electrician yesterday and he advised me that they could both go in the same conduit. I will use a 12-2 UF line for both even though he said I could use 14-2. I can get 250 feet of the 12-2 cheaper than...
  3. R

Thanks, HJ! I appreciate the help.
  4. R

When my mound septic system was installed about 15 years ago the electrical lines for the septic pump and alarm were both just buried about a foot underground. Recently one of the great Minnesota gophers chewed through the main power cord and it shorted so bad I couldn't get the breaker to stay...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks