Search results

1. Ajmicek

Sweat a valve in a double stud wall?

Howdy all... I gotta replace one of those terrible saddle valves behind my fridge before the inevitable calamity happens. What would a plumber prefer? Compression? Or sweat? FWIW, the saddle valve to be replaced is in a double stud wall with ~7" of depth...
  2. Ajmicek

Bathroom remodel complete -- thank you!!

So our bathroom had a wobbly and chipped pedestal sink, a 1994 toilet that ran endlessly and flushed very little (Kohler Wellworth -- I know, classic double flusher)... and it was like walking into an eggplant: I'd never done a bathroom, and I've done very little plumbing. But I recently...
  3. Ajmicek

Access to capped DWV

Hello! So I moved into a house with a closet that used to be a laundry room. Back wall of the closet has a hole in the sheetrock where the washing machine outlet box used to be. In that hole: a capped DWV (and I assume supply lines, but I haven't opened the wall). I'm doing work in this wall...
  4. Ajmicek

Will I flood my house?

So I recently installed the Culligan US-EZ-4 water filter under my kitchen sink. Water tastes great. I'm happy. My wife is happy. Here's how I did it: I didn't use Teflon tape: flat washers, and I with tightened metal-metal fittings to hand tight + 1/2 turn and metal-plastic a little...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks