Search results

1. perrycat

I should know the answer but don't

Was working on an electric water heater yesterday, a 3 yr old Bradford/White 50gal., It had a mixing valve to temper the hot water.....why? I don't know...they have a regular gas forced air furnace.... Anyway, the problem was no hot water, and the relief valve dripping like crazy. So, I...
  2. perrycat

Shark bite

I have to do a job Tuesday that I bid, we got it, and they're sending ME to go do it.....it's only moving a hot and cold line away from the exterior walls of this house that that basement has been remodeled, with an added bathroom down stairs. Anyway, what I'm asking, is I'm "scared" to...
  3. perrycat

Tub ought to be in the Smithsonian

Saw a really cool bathtub today, it's very old, I've never seen anything like it. It's waste and overflow is open at the top behind the wall in the access panel, and the tub spout which is IN the tub, acts as both an overflow and a tub spout.....I don't know what keeps the water from running...
  4. perrycat

Combination waste and vent question

I'm "studying" for taking the journeyman's test, and this book with these practice questions has some about definitions....here's the question: A plumbing system that is designed with the waste piping embodying the horizontal wet venting of one or more sinks or floor drains by means of a...
  5. perrycat

water heater venting

Is there any online charts that anyone knows of for sizing flues ( not the chimney) based on btu's? I know it's in the code book, but I don't have access to one recently my copy got "vanished". It's just something my boss said he was going to start asking in our meetings, asking people questions...
  6. perrycat

Commercial hot water system help

I'm a maintenance tech for a property that has aprox. 1000 units, 3 seperate boiler plants, and it's built in the early 70's. I have constant service calls for water temperature fluctuation mainly in showers, the faucets never seem to get a complaint. This problem also seems to be happening at...
  7. perrycat

the journeyman's/master's test

I was wondering if anybody's ever heard of this school it's a home study course, Penn and Foster. I never know when I'm going to get home, it depends on the jobs for the day. And I'm a service plumber, I've been doing plumbing for 15 years, alot of those years were as a helper ( until the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks