Search results

1. perrycat

I should know the answer but don't

I "billed" for a service call only.....as for not knowing enough to be doing this....I've been doing it for 12 years and I know just a little. I DID suggest a thermal expansion tank, and she didn't have enough money for all that, and I said I would even throw in putting a new releif valve on...
  2. perrycat

I should know the answer but don't

Was working on an electric water heater yesterday, a 3 yr old Bradford/White 50gal., It had a mixing valve to temper the hot water.....why? I don't know...they have a regular gas forced air furnace.... Anyway, the problem was no hot water, and the relief valve dripping like crazy. So, I...
  3. perrycat

Shark bite

Well I'm working under someone else's license and insurance and all. When I say "bid" the job, it wasn't in my little flat rate book, so in essence I "bid" it. But I get your point, yes we're insured but still I'd never forgive myself if I set someone's house on fire. I heard about a guy that...
  4. perrycat

tail pipe kitchen sink

I'ts called a dishwasher tailpiece and it's "nut UP" which means there's a flange or lip on the top, and a special plastic washer that I call a top hat due to the shape of it.....you might need to cut it down with a hack saw, or maybe add a tailpiece extension depending on how far down the trap...
  5. perrycat

Briggs Toilet Flush Problems

I don't think Briggs toilets flush very well anyway. If you rebuild them and put a taller flush valve ( the white tube the flapper sits on) and use just a regular flapper without a hole in the side of it, maybe it will stay open longer and give a better flush.....aside from fooling around trying...
  6. perrycat

Shark bite

I have to do a job Tuesday that I bid, we got it, and they're sending ME to go do it.....it's only moving a hot and cold line away from the exterior walls of this house that that basement has been remodeled, with an added bathroom down stairs. Anyway, what I'm asking, is I'm "scared" to...
  7. perrycat

Tub ought to be in the Smithsonian

Thanks both of you, I like that site you sent with the very different tub/shower valves....with clawfoot tubs coming back so much, I'm sure just knowing a little about these will be really good experience. I had a lady want me to install a "vessel sink" today, take out the laundry tub and in...
  8. perrycat

Problem with New Tub Spout

I think what's going on is that it's the type of spout that you pull the stem up to get shower water and push it down to get tub water......those things get bad and sometimes are just bad from the factory. I THINK maybe the thing inside the spout that moves UP to block the flow thus the...
  9. perrycat

Shower handle

Just a shot in the dark, because you didn't give much info for what type shower valve, but it sounds like what the guy or gal put in was a new cartridge, and it sounds like maybe it's not referenced or whatever to where OFF is, and where cold and hot are......just a guess but it sounds like...
  10. perrycat

Tub ought to be in the Smithsonian

Saw a really cool bathtub today, it's very old, I've never seen anything like it. It's waste and overflow is open at the top behind the wall in the access panel, and the tub spout which is IN the tub, acts as both an overflow and a tub spout.....I don't know what keeps the water from running...
  11. perrycat

Combination waste and vent question

Thanks much okay, now I get it, thanks much. I think the "wording" was messing me up....it's just groundworks (horizontal piping I guess), which is including both the waste and vent. I thought it was a special case thing or something. But...another question: You said the 3" vtr can be...
  12. perrycat

thanks I'm going to order one tonight, I was checking out books and I found this one called The National Plumbing Code Handbook by R. Dodge Woodson....now our area now uses the IPC so maybe he's got one for IPC but NPC is better than nothing for examples.
  13. perrycat

I'm "studying" for taking the journeyman's test, and this book with these practice questions has some about definitions....here's the question: A plumbing system that is designed with the waste piping embodying the horizontal wet venting of one or more sinks or floor drains by means of a...
  14. perrycat

water heater venting

Thanks much thank you all for the replies to that. I hate to say it but I've never really looked at the manual on most heaters except maybe powervents to see if what was there was going to work. The upgrades, I was doing a little google type research, and what I've come up with is I...
  15. perrycat

water heater venting

Is there any online charts that anyone knows of for sizing flues ( not the chimney) based on btu's? I know it's in the code book, but I don't have access to one recently my copy got "vanished". It's just something my boss said he was going to start asking in our meetings, asking people questions...
  16. perrycat

Commercial hot water system help

Thanks, that might be it. The engineering majician is supposed to be coming out soon to check it out, so now it's off my back except trying to explain to customers why they can't get normal water for a shower and they pay as much as they do....putting myself in their shoes, it's not alot to ask...
  17. perrycat

Commercial hot water system help

Yes they do, and yes they're the original. But the DHW comes from a heat exchanger that's seperate physically from the boiler water.
  18. perrycat

Hot water furnace

Those are getting pretty common in N. Virginia, alot of condos have them I"ve seen. I'll tell you, there's a question I've had about those that nobody's ever been able to answer for me, how is it that those aren't a cross connection?? They don't have a seperate coil for potable water...
  19. perrycat

Possessed diverter

Well, since you're not on your own metered water supply in these condos, and you're having the same kind of symptoms I am, I'll bet it's not a problem in your condo and it's a problem in the building. Ask your neighbors if they're having the same symptoms, if they are, I bet there's a pump that...
  20. perrycat

Possessed diverter

Im getting alot of the same things in the apts. I work at. I might be wrong, but I've replaced alot of diverters trying to solve this same kind of thing, and it finally occured to me, the diverter is doing it's job.....diverting. From the tub spout to the shower head. I'ts job isn't to regulate...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks