Search results

1. EPB

Height of stairway Hand rail

Does anyone out there know of the optimum height of a stairway handrail? The stairway is walled on both sides - do I need a hand rail on both sides?
  2. EPB

Wallboarding - 24" on center studs x 33"

I have an area to wallboard that is basically the underside of some stairs. The studs are 24" on center and the length of each stud that spans the underside of the stairs is about 32" to 33". Will there be any problem wallboarding this size opening with 1/2" thick wallboard or do I need more...
  3. EPB

Moen trim kit - Handle sticks out too far

In trouble So what you are saying is that I am in trouble here. In a 2 x 4 wall install, is there enough room to properly install? If so, I can open up the back of the wall and move the valve. I am assuming this can be done. Maybe some one can confirm this. Thanks for your help.
  4. EPB

Moen trim kit - Handle sticks out too far

I am trying to install a trim kit on my recently installed shower stall. I have a moen positemp valve and have recently purchased the trim kit. When I went to install the trim kit, the handle sitcks out a inch or two over where I think it should be. The shower stall is installed in a 2 x 4...
  5. EPB

Installing a tongue-and-groove ceiling

I am looking to install a tongue-and-groove pine ceiling. The board width is about 5-1/2" once the boards are inserted and put together. My question is in how you mount the boards to the ceiling. Do you use a nail gun and tack the boards down in the groove area? Do you use glue in addition...
  6. EPB

Roots and Septic system

My neighbor has some poplar trees that have huge root systems (and they grow quickly). How will these roots effect the septic system? The trees are 10 or 15 feet form my septic system. Will I need to do something with the system at some point?
  7. EPB

Moving main vent pipe at the roof liine

I need to move my main vent pipe a few feet from it's current position through the roof. The PVC piping part of this is not a problem for me. The problem is, what are the steps to take when cutting through the roof and shingles? I don't want to cut away any shingles (or make a hole in...
  8. EPB

Moving main vent pipe at the roof liine

I need to move my main vent pipe a few feet from it's current position through the roof. The PVC piping part of this is not a problem for me. The problem is, what are the steps to take when cutting through the roof and shingles? I don't want to cut away any shingles (or make a hole in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks