Search results

1. J

Two clothes dryers sharing a common vent??!

FYI-No dampers. Doesn't change things, but no dampers.
  2. J

Need roof access

Bilco is a very reputable manufacturer of hatches for commercial/industrial use. I'm not sure if they make residential products but I'd certainly check.
  3. J

Kitchen sink/counter top replacement

Silestone??? Take a look at Silestone (Quartz). I think it's a great alternative to Corian/Granite, has a much more homogeneous grain pattern and is more durable. My local HD does it for 65$. Give it a look!
  4. J

Two clothes dryers sharing a common vent??!

Just bought a 2-flat that we are (slowly) converting into a single-family. Property came complete with two clothes washers and dryers. Both dryer exhausts share a common vent line to the outside. This doesn't seem right to me since either unit will create a back-pressure on the other when...
  5. J

Pipe Dope vs. Teflon Tape

Question: For residential natural gas pipe, I have always seen pipe dope used for all threaded connections (my experience is limited to Michigan and Illinois). Can Teflon tape be used instead?
  6. J

Securing a copper pipe riser

I am installing 2 x 1" copper risers from my basement to attic to be used for HW supply/return for a heating coil. I have roughed out the openings between floors and am ready to install the lines. I bought copper plated 2-hole straps to secure the pipes and have the following question. What type...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks