Search results

1. Maint Dog

Bathroom Shower Remodel

I have installed a per slope, the liner, shower bed and Dura rock hung. I taped; thin setted all the seams and screw heads, and water proofed the Dura Rock with aqua defense. Tomorrow on Sunday, 7/6/2014 @ 8 am, we are going to lay tile. I’m installing 6x6 porcelain tiles on the celling over the...
  2. Maint Dog

Shower Pan

I’m thinking of hiring a contractor to complete my shower; the contractor is highly rated on Angles list. The contactors method of installing a shower pan is to straighten out the subfloor, put down hradi backer, and then sheets of felt paper with wire mess, then lay down a sloped mud bed and...
  3. Maint Dog

Shower Pan

I’m thinking of hiring a contractor to complete my shower; the contractor is highly rated on Anglies list. The contactors method of installing a shower pan is to straighten out the subfloor, put down hradi backer, and then sheets of felt paper with wire mess, then lay down a sloped mud bed and...
  4. Maint Dog

Bathroom drain and supply Lines

1) My house was built in 1996, I’m remodeling a small master bath. I have discovered a 15” pocket behind the wall. The drains and vents are in the center of the pocket, the water supply lines are on opposite walls at opposite ends. The ventilation for both vanities drains are connected to the...
  5. Maint Dog

Small Bathroom Remodel

1) I've gut the shower gutted down to studs, and getting ready to redo. Before I get to far into it, I'm thinking of using Lowe's MAPEI 1-Gallon Mapelastic Aquadefense and FibaTape 2-in x 50-ft Gray Self-Adhesive Drywall Tape to waterproof it. Is this ok or is there a better product to use with...
  6. Maint Dog

Leaking Tub

I can see drips of water coming from the lower right-front corner of bath tub, all water, drain lines and walls are dry. The sub floor is soaked just below the drip. It only doses this when the shower is running. What could be the problem?
  7. Maint Dog

Small Bathroom Remodel

1) I'm a DIY and could use some advise; I installed (approximately 15 sq. ft.) of 6 x 6 ceramic tiles on my shower ceiling over dry wall with painted stucco on it? I'm afraid that the tile will fall out or collect moisture. I didn't tape the seams of my Hardibacker before installing 12 x 12...
  8. Maint Dog

Small Bathroom Remodel

1) I'm a DIY and could use some advise; I installed (approximately 15 sq. ft.) of 6 x 6 ceramic tiles on my shower ceiling over dry wall with painted stucco on it? I'm afraid that the tile will fall out or collect moisture. I didn't tape the seams of my Hardibacker before installing 12 x 12...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks