Search results

1. DanFL

Tub drain installation with limited access to plumbing

I'm installing 2 new tubs in back to back bathrooms as shown in the figure below. I installed Tub 1 and used all sch 40 PVC glued tub drain fittings because I had easy access to the existing drain without Tub 2 installed yet, and I was able to cut and adjust the drain location for the new tub...
  2. DanFL

Min distance from toilet flange to closet bend

Does IPC specify any minimum distance from the toilet flange to the closet bend?
  3. DanFL

Leaving unused wye in main drain line

I need to move the existing toilet rough-in to the new location shown in the picture. Is it allowed to leave the old wye in place and just cap it, or do I need to cut it out and use a coupling to the main line? If I can cap it, does it matter whether I cap on the horizontal wye inlet or...
  4. DanFL

Change in direction of washer trap arm

Hi All, I opened up this wall for a renovation and found this washer trap does not meet the minimum height above floor. This is on a second floor. Am I allowed to raise the trap by adding the 45 bends as shown in the photo (IPC)? Washer rough-in box also needs to be raised. In case it's...
  5. DanFL

Adding 3rd bathroom sink drain/vent to double sink configuration

What is the correct way to add a 3rd sink to this double bathroom sink layout? Option A, Option B, neither?
  6. DanFL

Bathroom DWV layout sanity check

I'm looking for a sanity check on this bathroom layout (Florida Building Code / IPC). Two questions: 1. Is the general layout OK? I'm angling the 2" shower drain over to the right to get the vent lined up in the wall that will be added later. 2. The existing 3" main drain I need to tie...
  7. DanFL

Adjusting washer standpipe position

In order to keep my washer standpipe and trap in a single stud bay and meet the minimum trap arm length requirement, can I do what is shown in the diagram? It would be preferable to shift the drain position instead of the standpipe, but not sure if that's allowed (IPC).
  8. DanFL

Bathroom group wet vent question

I have a DWV plan as shown in the attached image (IPC in my area). I was originally going to connect the shower drain with a 2" vertical wye as shown, but I don't have the clearance under the slab. Can I instead use a horizontal wye as shown? If yes, which position is correct: wye #1 or wye #2.
  9. DanFL

PVC repair coupling vs. Fernco

I just reviewed this recent similar thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/leaking-under-slab-abs-connector.90353/#post-648979 I too need to tie into the middle of a fixed 4" main drain (PVC) with a 4" x 3" wye (underground, just outside of the house, but not under slab). I'm...
  10. DanFL

Need DIY advice on bathroom DWV layout

I have a single story home on concrete slab in Central FL. To my knowledge we follow IPC here, unless a fellow Floridian can correct me on that. Referring to the attached diagram, I'm trying to add a bathroom and rearrange the laundry room. #1: Is it allowed for the laundry drain trap arm to...
  11. DanFL

Cannot screw toilet flange to concrete floor

I had a toilet moved for my bathroom renovation (house on concrete slab) and here is the new rough in that the plumber did. That's 3" PVC. He used some Ramboard to make a dam around the pipe when he refilled the concrete, so there is a void around the pipe about 1" from the pipe to the newly...
  12. DanFL

Wall mount tub filler rough-in & installation

I'm installing this Kingston Brass wall mounted tub filler in my master bathroom renovation. https://media.kingstonbrass.com/pdf/technical/install/kingston-brass-AE8157DL-install.pdf Their instructions (step 4) assume that I will have access to the back side of the wall to connect standard...
  13. DanFL

Pipe nipple connection for hand held shower sprayer

I'm working on a bathroom remodel and will be installing a Kohler shower valve with output to 2 way transfer value with 2 outputs: 1 to shower head and 1 to hand help sprayer. Both of these will use a standard brass drop elbow. I'm OK on the shower head - the angled shower arm with male...
  14. DanFL

need advice on adding to existing DWV layout in basement

DIYer in need of some help with the proper way to add to the DWV system in my basement. The attachment shows a picture of the bathroom in question with an isometric drawing of the layout. I have an existing drain and vent that I need to tie into (existing in blue, new in green in the drawing)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks