Search results

1. J Mike

a single 3-way switch controlling a light fixture on a knob & tube circuit - why?

Yes, it is a 3-way. There are 3 wires in the switch box, all of which are connected to the switch. two come from the floor below the switch. both of these register voltage with the volt pen. the third wire continues up the wall, into the attic, then over the the light fixture. the other...
  2. J Mike

a single 3-way switch controlling a light fixture on a knob & tube circuit - why?

I did not say that there were hot and neutral on the same switch. And I don't think the extra wire is dead - I did a quick check with a pen volt tester. I am 100% sure that there is no other switch or light, having lived in the house for 13 years. This is why I am wondering how this thing...
  3. J Mike

I am in the process of replacing all the K&T wiring in my house. There is one light fixture that is controlled with a 3-way switch. There is no second switch. All of the terminal screws on the switch have wires to them (except ground screw). I have heard that neutral switching was common with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks