Search results

1. Buczar

Adding back-up battery to existing sump pump

Hello all and Happy Holidays! My sump pit currently has 2-pumps in it (both zoeller, 1 @ 1/2 HP, 1 @ 1/3 HP). The latter is about 1" higher than the former. Neither is currently connected to a back-up system. And I should have a back-up because about to finish the basement . . . So...
  2. Buczar

Guidance needed on designing basement HVAC

Hi all! Have gotten really great help in the Tank and Well Forum installing . . . well, a tank and a well. I see the HVAC forum is very active as well and so I'm hoping you can assist. Situation: I'm looking to finish a portion of my basement. New construction (2012), poured concrete...
  3. Buczar

Shallow Well to Feed My Cistern

Hello, I want to dig / install a shallow well to feed my cistern (which in-turn feeds my irrigation system). I have water just under my basement. (house was on a slab, we've installed a basement albeit a bit shallow (7.5 - 8 ft ft, but 1' of that is because we raised the land and a another...
  4. Buczar

Help checking my installation plan for submersible pump (and a question)

Before I go and do this all wrong, I could use a bit of input from some who've done this before. If I've done this correct, below there should be an illustration of my "pump system diagram". Would love to hear if I've totally messed this up and what adjustments might be necessary. One...
  5. Buczar

How close to the pump do I reduce from 1 1/4" to 1"?

I'm installing a pump in my cistern which will service my sprinkler system. The pump discharges at 1 1/4 inch. I have a bronze reducing bushing (1 1/4 to 1") and brass 1/" nipple. At what point should I make the reduction? Right at the pump or after I lift the water out of the cistern...
  6. Buczar

Can anyone help me identify what this is for? Ground Wire

Hi, I'm installing a submersible pump in a cistern to service my sprinkler system. A goulds 1SC51E1HA to be specific. Doing it myself (more questions on that forthcoming). Right now I'm in the "get familiar with you pump" phase. There is a "thingy" on the discharge side of the pump and I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks