Search results

1. Buczar

Adding back-up battery to existing sump pump

Hello all and Happy Holidays! My sump pit currently has 2-pumps in it (both zoeller, 1 @ 1/2 HP, 1 @ 1/3 HP). The latter is about 1" higher than the former. Neither is currently connected to a back-up system. And I should have a back-up because about to finish the basement . . . So...
  2. Buczar

Guidance needed on designing basement HVAC

1/3 of finished space that will be for my grandfather's pool table. The plan for the remainder will be enternainment center w/ room for 2 - 3 10-man poker tables . . . so let's call it a game room. I will section off a portion as a workshop (unfinished) and another unfinished section will...
  3. Buczar

Good question! My first priority would be to 'get it right for the longterm'. So there is an 'upper limit' for sure, but at the margin, fairly flexible. W/o a general sense of cost, but wanting to give a more 'specific' answer . . . $7k wouldn't scare me (but man would I like to do it for...
  4. Buczar

Oil or Propane heating?

We had to make a similar decision when we buil our home in Westwood in 2011-2012. I wanted gas . . . no gas on the street (we tried, but their 'poll' didn't generate enough interest). We had some experience with propane in our old house (had propane water heater for some reason . . . just the...
  5. Buczar

Hi all! Have gotten really great help in the Tank and Well Forum installing . . . well, a tank and a well. I see the HVAC forum is very active as well and so I'm hoping you can assist. Situation: I'm looking to finish a portion of my basement. New construction (2012), poured concrete...
  6. Buczar

Shallow Well to Feed My Cistern

Well, I went with a fernco coupling as opposed to trying to back it out. I can always get back down to it later if I need to. I'm making just about 5gpm. Couldn't of done this w/o the help here. Very, very, much appreciated. Thanks!
  7. Buczar

Hi again, So I've worked the past couple weeks to see if I could reach the pipe by hand and had success. I shored around the pipe with a 5 gallon bucket with bottom cut out. As suspected, I needed to dig down about 5" but I have 2-3 inches of pipe exposed. It is 20" under water and about 28"...
  8. Buczar

I'd be ok if I ended up pulling the point. The pipe (from the drive to the break) is galvenized if that makes a difference.
  9. Buczar

I think I can get to the pipe. But to lift a pipe I'm seeing set-ups where individuals are using multiple 2-ton floor jacks . . . I don't think mine will be that bad . . . but how much stress can a nylon rope take? The pipe is attached ultimately to my drive head 15-feet below. Also, what is...
  10. Buczar

Disaster strikes. I broke a pipe. Right at the top of the well, maybe 3 inches below ground, but 24 inches from the top of my pit. Now I need to learn what to do with this .... Are there tools that can grab the pipe and hold strong enough to pull it up the 24 inches or so?
  11. Buczar

Lol, all I can say is 'duh' :confused:. Thank you all for your patience with me. . . May I ask if anyone might provide insight on developing the well? Looks like I very-much skipped that step . . . planning to get that going tonight or tomorrow if I can. Jim
  12. Buczar

Success! Of a sort. I'm moly sustainably pulling about 2 - 2.5 gpm. Questions: my pump Cmte with a pressure switch: does this effect ability to draw and should I remove it? (And if so, how?) I assume I need to do a lot more work developing the well...what are good approaches? I've seen...
  13. Buczar

I like removing joints for sure! Here is my revised, simplified diagram. Hopefully . . . my next post will be regarding success! Thanks for the time and comments. Jim
  14. Buczar

lol, you are of course likely correct. There is no valve on the 'dump end' in the tank . . . when the pump runs, it will flow (in either direction). I figured a check-valve may be required to keep the water in that 40ft of pipe from coming back on the pump. But that is an assumption by...
  15. Buczar

Done. Pump is on its way. In the meantime, I'm going to go at least another 40" (because that is the pipe that I have left) down. Hopefully, I will test it this weekend if the pump arrives. I've attached schematic for my pump set-up if anyone would like to advise. One question I have...
  16. Buczar

Yep. I need a pump. Goulds J5S? (1/2 hp). I want a good pump and have seen some of you mention that one. It is more expensive, but that is fine unless getting the pump up and running is going to ruin it , or if I can only pull 4ish gpm is going to burn it out quickly. How loud is it...
  17. Buczar

I did it! I drove my point today. Thanks for all of the guidance! So, hopefully I didn't screw it up, but I 'developed' it a bit (I think the right term) using a hose to flush out the fine particles. I started out being able to barely put a trickle in the pipe after the first flush, and by...
  18. Buczar

And also before I get going...should I be putting the check valve near the screen (a foot valve i think it is called there).
  19. Buczar

And before I get going... Any reason why I shouldn't be stacking 2 screens together giving me 6ft of screen? 2x is better than one, no?
  20. Buczar

Trial and error it will be. Ok, thinking ahead, 1/2 hp pump? 3/4? (I can't imagine a 1 hp being necessary). All I need is rise about 7ft and push it 40 ft where it will empty into my tank. The only reason I would think a higher hp may be better would be to fill the tank faster ... What...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks