Search results

1. El Jefe

Do I need this little part?

Recently purchased and installed a Fleck SXT5600 water softener. No install or operating manual was provided, so we just pulled these from online. In the manuals I've found, there's a small screen/filter piece that looks like it should be inserted where the brine hose connects at the valve head...
  2. El Jefe

PEX size to use from supply to valve to diverter to fixture

So, hopefully this is what you meant. I first soldered the copper tube and the threaded fittings, then screwed on the valves.
  3. El Jefe

Thanks. I probably would have bought a 1/2" valve, but as far as I could tell the Hansgrohe iBox is only in 3/4", and it's their universal system for all their valves and trim. I was leaning towards a Moen set for a while that had a 1/2" size. At any rate, I'm glad the short run of 3/4"...
  4. El Jefe

Is this an acceptable P-Trap design for a shower drain?

Bought the parts to do a glued trap. No threads :)
  5. El Jefe

I picked up the tubing today. Took me about 45 minutes of staring to figure out what I thought I needed. I flipped back and forth on what size, material, etc. I ultimately decided to use 3/4" PEX from the supply to the valve (not all the way back, just to the supply lines directly under the...
  6. El Jefe

What's the best way to connect the Uponor to the Lowe's variety PEX B?
  7. El Jefe

Would going with 3/4" PEX in between the valves and diverter and shower heads be better than 1/2"? Better performance (pressure), or even better supporting structure to the diverter?
  8. El Jefe

The diverter valve just has the two holes for fasteners. I was just planning to use those to secure it to some blocking between the 2/6 studs. But, at your recommendation, I'll do some more searching to see if there's a better way to secure it, or I'll reconsider using copper. This valve is heavy.
  9. El Jefe

Excellent - thanks for the fast help!
  10. El Jefe

I'm re-doing a shower. I have 1/2" PEX supply lines (hot and cold) coming into the bathroom. This currently coverts to 1/2" copper to a single valve and shower head. I want to leave the 1/2" supply in place, but replace everything else. I bought all Hansgrohe valves and heads. The valve has 3/4...
  11. El Jefe

Sounds good. Why will the threaded kind not work as well?
  12. El Jefe

I have an existing 2" waste line from a shower. The previous drain was centered, but we're putting in a Kerdi-Line linear drain (with offset drain hole). The drain hole will be only a couple inches from the current position of the waste line. I grabbed a couple pieces for a P-trap while I was...
  13. El Jefe

Shower schematic for Hansgrohe or Moen hand-shower, shower head and rain shower

So, I think I get the idea of the picture, but not the details I'd probably run into trying to do this. Do I just run the pipe directly above the drywall and through a block for support. Then place rolled insulation on both sides of it (not underneath) and also over the top? Or is the...
  14. El Jefe

I'll check again on the diverters. The links above were to ****, but it looks like the **** part of the link was removed. I'll post some part numbers instead later.
  15. El Jefe

Thanks for the pictures - that looks like a nice solution. I would just be going up the inside wall, then over the shower drywall ceiling - in that setup would I just seal the board to the drywall in the attic? As for the diverters, maybe I mislabeled. Not sure the right term, but my...
  16. El Jefe

Thanks - That would be helpful. I am eager to hear more about why my (first ever) shower design looks so wrong. It makes total sense to me :) Water goes to diverter 1, and I can choose to send to rain shower and/or diverter 2. From diverter 2, I can choose to send to hand-shower and/or...
  17. El Jefe

Here's the thread with the above-referenced discussion. Instead of surrounding with loose insulation, as I said above, I could follow the tips in this other thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-40804.html
  18. El Jefe

Ha! Awesome! Good thing I haven't actually purchased anything yet. For the in-attic piping, I do recall reading a response from Terry to another thread that said something to the effect of surrounding the pipe with insulation, but leaving it uninsulated underneath to allow better heat transfer...
  19. El Jefe

I have no plumbing experience, so I'm looking for some guidance on how to best run the water lines in a shower. I'd like three outlets: Hand-shower, regular wall-mounted shower head, and a ceiling-mounted rain shower. I'd like to operate any of these alone or in any combination of two. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks