Search results

1. Spfrancis

Gas Fireplace with random starting

It is a wall switch...okay, maybe I will look for a low voltage wall switch to replace...
  2. Spfrancis

Gas Fireplace with random starting

So I have a "superior" gas fireplace that is probably 20 years old. I'm going to bring out a fireplace guy, but wanted to get an idea of what could be going on. Here is what is going on. First, we never use this thing. I have now been trying to get this ready for a home sale. I turn on the...
  3. Spfrancis

Rusting on panel

hey, thanks for the feedback. I will test that out.
  4. Spfrancis

Rusting on panel

I'm seeing a little bit of rusting on some of the switches on my panel, and it has me concerned. I wanted to see if folks with more background can give me an idea of what could be going on. I could replace the switches, but is it masking some other problem. This is a new house to us..so I...
  5. Spfrancis

Mobile home inspection

thanks for the feedback. It sounds like it really isn't a bid deal, but should be fixed.
  6. Spfrancis

Mobile home inspection

I am looking at purchasing a mobile home on a lot that is pretty nice, and I want the lot. I need the mobile home to be okay for 5-7 years. It was built in 1988, so pretty dated. The one item that the inspector pointed out was some patch work, or something that was done to support the base of...
  7. Spfrancis

DIY choices for custom closet organizer

Hi, Was searching on this site a little, and found some stuff on this site that was 7 years old discussion. I thought it was worth asking this question again, as some of the links from the old thread were no longer active. I'm reallying looking to do a designed closet organization solution...
  8. Spfrancis

Unjump an HVAC fan

Sorry I didn't see this until last night. So I did the cutover, and the AC, and fan seemed to be okay. I was able to map all the wires from the documentation that was provided for the universal 9120 -> 9160 unit. I was just a little nervous about the "unjumping". I could see that the "cool"...
  9. Spfrancis

Unjump an HVAC fan

So I had a problem in the middle of July 4th weekend, and I had to call the HVAC guy to get my HVAC running with a house full of folks. He said that he had to replace a transformer, and that my control board was not sending the signal for the fan to come on. He replaced the transformer, and...
  10. Spfrancis

Question on putting up hardiplank

I was just watching this video on horizontal flashing. This seems like a key thing, that is recommended by James Hardi. I'm thinking that this is normal stuff that all contractors that do siding will perform.
  11. Spfrancis

Question on putting up hardiplank

Hi there, so I was trying to understand the potential pitfalls with properly doing hardiplank. I have lost my ability to go look at the house, with the "stay at home" order , and I would have to cross state lines to go view the place. So my contractor is still pushing forward with the siding...
  12. Spfrancis

HVAC sizing

Yeah thanks Dana for the support. I just knew from spending enough time on this board that the sizing is more than adequate for the size of home we have. Even with the increase in height, and the additional sqft we picked up, so more than be offset by the new better framing, brand new windows...
  13. Spfrancis

HVAC sizing

So I have discussed my 2 systems here on various threads for our house in Delaware. I have a 70,000 BTU Ducane propane based furnace, and a 2.5 ton AC system. The old house was one level and the basement, and it was poorly insulated. When I blew in some insulation in the attic, the AC seemed...
  14. Spfrancis

Lennox furnace making strange sound

so I have an insulation guy coming out, that is supposed to be very good. I want to see what he thinks about the furnace, or if will even comment on that.
  15. Spfrancis

Yeah, it is clear that these are oversized. I believe that on the tax record, the sqft for the top 2 levels is 3500sqft. The bottom is probably another 1200sqft, to make it 4700. Obviously way overkill for this system. I'm not even sure what the top unit is, but I'm sure it is probably a 3ton...
  16. Spfrancis

It will be a tough pill to swallow to dump money into a full system. The other thing that in my mind factors into the lower house furnace; we don't really go down there much. We keep the lower part of the house at 62 degrees from 11pm-7am, and most of the day from 10-5pm it is very low temps...
  17. Spfrancis

so could the right type of service shop actually fix the solenoid without having to put in a few gasvalve combo? It seems like a high price for replacing everything, and I'm wondering if a few extra hours of labor could actually maintain a sticky solenoid. I was watching a video that talks...
  18. Spfrancis

yeah it sounds like that is what the tech thinks it is. He talked about a solenoid, but said it was rivited to the gas valve, so it would have to be replaced together. To your question about the buzz sound, it does seem to diminish after the burner starts. I will try the test for the gas valve.
  19. Spfrancis

better clip of the sound, with the timing of the burner turning on.
  20. Spfrancis

actually I do have a better video, and it does come on with the burners turning on. I'm trying to upload it now.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks