Search results

1. Markos

New toilet and shower drain route

Thanks Wayne! I can leave as-is then. Agreed that it will help to wash the area clean. I have a clean out on the shower vent as well as the giant 3” vent. To answer your question, nothing drains into that middle 3” vent. It isn’t a straight shot up. I have it elbow over about 3” in the “attic”...
  2. Markos

New toilet and shower drain route

Hi Pros, I need to glue this up but I am not super thrilled with the approach. I think I should wye my shower into the 3” toilet drain downstream of the toilet. I’ve read that in some areas this may not be up to code. I just don’t like it regardless. What are your thoughts? Recorded a very...
  3. Markos

How to fix/replace a bent downspout?

WorthFlorida nailed it. Just buy a new 10’ for around $20 at home depot. Take out the old screws (1/4” bit). Install the new pipe. A few other tips. 1. The female (larger) end of that downspout goes onto the curve. You always want some overlap in the downspouts so the water can’t drip through...
  4. Markos

Next Question: Vertical to horizontal 1/4 bend

Updated video of toilet /shower/ vanity / laundry joining to a 2” common vent. I don’t have any outstanding questions but would love any feedback that you have. FYI - I do intend to leave all of my cleanouts accessible. They will all be out of site.
  5. Markos

Thanks! I had no intention of swapping out the 2” fixture, it’s just that Fergusons has a 1.5x1.5x2” also with a 1.5” vent. It is perfect but I already have a 2x2x2x2 with adapters. I’m using 2” everywhere else. The only reason the vanity drains are 1.5 is because technically I can’t drill large...
  6. Markos

Bathroom sink conversion, single or double?

BTW - I’m “local” also and in the process of sourcing a top with under mount sinks for mine. Best bet is to go with the factory top and sinks. If you want something different or perhaps cheaper I’m happy to share notes and estimates. If you get a vanity without a top, make sure the depth is less...
  7. Markos

Bathroom sink conversion, single or double?

Definitely double! This also adds value or at least desirability to your home. If you shave, I’m sure your wife will appreciate at least one clean sink. :)
  8. Markos

Pick away. You won’t offend me at all!
  9. Markos

Venting the shower and toilet:
  10. Markos

Not a problem! I flat out assumed that they want proper clean outs and not san tees. It is a 2” pipe mostly centered in a 2x6 I have the room, and actually intend to keep it accessible. Went to ferguson today. They want $15 for a flush mount 2” clean out plug!!! Clean out will be hiding at the...
  11. Markos

I appreciate the warning and hope it goes well. The first line of upc 905.3 is: “Unless prohibited by structural conditions”. I still have manageable options for a vertical wye. For this is one area I’ll just flat out ask about it during the framing inspection. Does he want a vertical vent 7+...
  12. Markos

BTW - None of this stuff is glued yet. My immediate goal is to pass framing. I hope to get a precursor review from my inspector before gluing it all together. He was a career plumber and said most DiY plumbing permits don’t pass. :D
  13. Markos

No updates on the guest bath toilet vent. From what I have read it is acceptable as long as the wye is at 45 degrees or higher. I think I will see what the inspector has to say about it. The top side of the vanity plumbing is done. I just discovered the Fergusons has a double fixture fitting...
  14. Markos

I’m taking a second look at options to run a vertical wye within 6’ of the toilet. I will report back! The upside is that it would be a lot easier to merge the two vents. So the clearance issue was the height between the floor and the top plate of the wall below the floor. It’s a 2x12 joist...
  15. Markos

Thanks for the tips all. Context. I pulled my house 26’ forward and blew up the old bathrooms and added a new. Many real estate issues in the new space due to the glu lam. Should have used a steel beam under the joists instead of hanging the joists on the beam. Overall my architect really didn’t...
  16. Markos

Yeah I can’t fit one without hitting the top plate. Agreed no traps in the photo. In the video you can see I added a cleanout where the pipe goes vertical. I called it a trap in the video for some unknown reason. As I look at it, I think I can notch the upper top plate to fit a full sweep 90...
  17. Markos

Worst case scenario I can drill through the sill, but fitment will be very tight.
  18. Markos

Hmm my old thread was deleted. Not sure why. UPC says no 1/4 bend vertical to horizontal. I need to clear my wall and can’t do it with a long sweep or a 45. Given that the horizontal is just a few inches will this get a pass? This is 2” for the shower. I also added a cleanout in the vertical...
  19. Markos

See you later, not goodbye

My thoughts are with the family. I called Terry in December and while he told me he was struggling with cancer, I had no idea it was this advanced. Terry has been an invaluable resource for myself and other for years and years. I have the highest regard for experts who share the wealth. So many...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks