Search results

1. JustAHomeOwner

Another toilet venting question

On a pitched horizontal run , would it be OK venting with a Y turned roughly 70 degrees above the bottom and located 40" from the toilet flange?
  2. JustAHomeOwner

Could use some help figuring something out. Boiler

G'day All, My daughter and hubby have a 2 story home with one zone of hot water heat on each floor. There's no heat in the full basement. DHW is supplied with a indirect as a 3rd zone from a oil fired boiler. Using data from 12/9/13 to 4/21/14 they burned 544 gallons of fuel oil. HDD's for...
  3. JustAHomeOwner

As told to me by a very old plumber

(hope this is OK?) anyway... What's the difference between a plumbing inspector and God? God doesn't think he's a plumbing inspector.
  4. JustAHomeOwner

Dry fitting 3" PVC

I'm removing any burrs from cut ends and using PVC cleaner and can't get fittings fully on for a dry fit. Any tips appreciated.
  5. JustAHomeOwner

San Tee location for drop in bathroom sink?

Running from a short trap arm with a wall stub out, would it matter if a 2" x 1 1/2" (bull) san tee has a 2" street L connecting it to a horizontal run or should the san tee be higher before transitioning from vertical to horizontal? The 2" horizontal run at the sink ends with a 90 that tops out...
  6. JustAHomeOwner

PEX connection question

I put together a air test rig to make sure that some runs of Upnor pex with the expanding fittings and rings are holding tight before closing up the walls. I don't know which type PEX Sharkbite is (i'm waiting for a reply from them) but I think it's B or maybe C. Anyway, I used a poly coupling...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks