Search results

1. Civrel

Fleck 5600 STX Valve and AIO Filter set up

I had considered a green sand system, as we had one installed when the house was built. The KMnO4 was a little messy. Through the next three wells later we tried to handle the iron with the softener, but on the fourth well we encountered the H2S. I guess chlorination could be an option and...
  2. Civrel

I have reset the valve to the specifications provided by Reach4 above. Will gibe them a try and see what happens.
  3. Civrel

Dittohead, you had mentioned that the AIO valve is easily fouled with iron. How is the fouling removed and where should I look? I have disassembled and cleaned various Kinetico and Ecowater valves, then reassembled with no left over parts. What chemical would be used to remove the iron...
  4. Civrel

Found the check valve ad is identical to the Brine Pick Up Tube with Air Check 60002 shown in the link by Bannerman. I removed the float assembly and check valve from the brine well, cleaned in. The ball rolls freely inside and when I try and suck air through the brine tube connection, I...
  5. Civrel

OK, the AIO is 54" x 10" and runs with a Fleck 2510 and is a 1 CF unit. I had typed 1 1/2 and deleted the 1 instead of the 1/2. Sorry. Yes, the valve keeps drawing air after the brine is depleted from the brine tank. Where is the check valve located? The AIO is 2 months old and the...
  6. Civrel

The gray mineral deposit typically shows up in the toilet after the first flush in the morning then settles on the bowl as a thin covering easily brushed away. This doesn't happen every day, but maybe once a week. I assume after a regeneration cycle earlier that night.
  7. Civrel

Cleaned the sludge/mush our of the bottom of the brine tank and ran BF mode (10 minutes) and did the calculations and came in right at 5 gallons at 0.5 gpm fill rate. If that same rate is the draw rate, I would be drawing 30 gallons of brine from the brine tank. While I realize that of the 30...
  8. Civrel

The media in the AIO is supposed to be Centaur catalytic carbon Yes, I used the Hatch 5B to measure the calcium hardness and a WaterWorks H2S test strip to test the hydrogen sulfide. The BF setting is 10 minutes and the orifice is a 0.5 gpm (1.5 lbs salt/min). I have not watched the system go...
  9. Civrel

First, my water: Well Calcium Hardness: 21 gpg Iron: 1 ppm Hydrogen Sulfide: <1 ppm System: Fleck 5600 STX Valve 48,000 grain (1.5 cf) 1/2 CF AIO Filter My problem: With all of this I am still getting some hydrogen sulfide and iron in the house. Also, the water does not feel soft, but...
  10. Civrel

Old Soft Copper Water Supply Pipe

HJ, What is the best way to connect copper and PVC? I was going to use a 3/4" FPT x 1" slip adapter. I have the adapter with the stainless steel reinforcing band around the female threads. The connection would be a right angle. I was going to add ell after the adapter. I am still not...
  11. Civrel

Old Soft Copper Water Supply Pipe

I am relocating my water pump and softener out of the elements from the back of my house to an adjacent shed. When my house was built 34 years ago, the plumber ran the soft copper pipe under the form boards, but still through the concrete footer. The soft copper was encased in poly pipe to...
  12. Civrel

Sedimentation Tank for Domestic Well Water System

The distributor I found, McMaster-Carr wants $505 for the 2" model. The price does appear to drop significantly for the 1.5" model ($80) at the Cannon Water Supply site. Must be the different type of flange on the 2" model.
  13. Civrel

At least it's getting better, it's not clogging up the pump as the previous well did. I agree, the screen size way too large. The driller poured a significant amount of coarse sand down the hole, but he had to pull the screen up a little to get out of the hydrogen sulfide. Also, any deeper...
  14. Civrel

About a year ago, I had a new PVC well and screen installed. Ever since the installation, fine sand has been a problem, clogging up the pleated filter at least once a week. (note, this is my fourth well in the last 35 years and all have had fine sand/sediment issues, no matter the depth). I...
  15. Civrel

Residential Tannin Removal

I just installed a new water softener and ran a regeneration cycle. The bypass is in the service mode. The water came into the house through the softener a yellow/brown color, about the color of weak iced tea. I know we have some tannin in our local well water. I saw some suggested filling...
  16. Civrel

Another "Please Size My Softner" Question

I guess what I was trying to find out by posting the two sets of calculations is that it appears that if my water hardness was 1 GPG higher, I would need a larger system. If that is the case, I appear to be right at the limit of the 1.5 CF system. Would I be better off with a 2 CF system which...
  17. Civrel

Interesting, I didn't save my original calculations , so I went back to the calculator and reran the numbers for two people again. I thought I had used 25 GPG and 65 g/person and the numbers came up entirely different and significantly higher with a 2 CF system recommended. I ran again using...
  18. Civrel

I am glad that you all don't get tired of answering there questions and really appreciate the advice and recommendations. Here it go, there are usually 2 (80% of the time) people in the house, but occasionally as many as 4 persons (20% of the time) in the house. Calcium Hardness is 24 GPG Iron...
  19. Civrel

Solahart Passive System Anode Source

Called left message and emailed. No response. May have found on of the original installers. They don't want to make the drive (45 miles) until that have other jobs in the area. Still waiting.
  20. Civrel

Good pressure, but no volume in my upstairs bathrooms

I recently had to replace by well seal, suction pipe and pump plumbing and while replacing everything, I also upped the on/off pressure on the switch and adjusted the pressure in the pressure tank accordingly. All components replaced were of equal size and diameter as previously existed. We...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks