Search results

1. clocert

How illegal is this? Vented gas fixtures

It is a building code issue, check your local building code to see if it is regulated.
  2. clocert

Can this be used for "C" wire to the digital thermostat?

From the manual, you already knew your T-stat has the (C) power option. why are you still asking the question here.
  3. clocert

Why AC air handler is Electric Furnice?

This is too far off the topic, we need to stop here.
  4. clocert

You don't konw Houston. There is no crawlspace in the houses here. one major reason is there are too many bugs in the ground, ants, termites, snecks, mice. wasps, etc.. at least 20 different kinds, and all year around. No one will buy a crawlspace house here. As I said we have more then 100...
  5. clocert

I don't know much about El Paso or west Texas. I only build houses in Houston area. In almost all subdivsions, basement is not allowed by code. We have more then 100 builders in this city, the competition is so strong that I have to keep the price down and build something that people want to...
  6. clocert

You can not build basement in Texas. There is too much water underground. therefore, the air handler and also water heater are all located in the attic. We of course understand the attic's heat load, but this is the best choice interms of $$. If you want to put the air handler somewhere else...
  7. clocert

Condensate Line Clog

Your primary drain should drain to your in house plumbing, secondary should drain to a drain pan which drain to the outside top of a window. No AC drains to outside near the ground.
  8. clocert

Carrier A/C Not getting cold

I see your way. I have had an AC shop for 20 years, if every customer I have like you, my shop will be closed in no time. Not sure if you are in this trade or not, the way you are doing, no one will answer your phone. if they do, they will not let you out that easy. I am not saying they are bad...
  9. clocert

I understand your concern, but this is a DIY forum. people come here to save money, or they simply don't have the money and hope they can do the repairs themself. In fact, there are a lot of repairs can be done easily by home owner. for example install t-stat, clean drain line, replace filter...
  10. clocert

All I understand is you need EPA certification to work on freon, I did not know any TX law that prevent home owner from working on their own system, or their brother's system, or their neighbor's system, or ..... (We are talking about DIY here, not a business set up) I do understand the high...
  11. clocert

I thought this is a DIY forum. How come you folks do not tell people how to solve a problem and keep telling them to call a tech. I came from another DIY forum, we help people on all kinds of issues, and do not send them to AC pros unless they have major problems. (major problem means they...
  12. clocert

How do I replace an air handler drain pan ?

So My drain pan under the air handler is all rusted due to leaks before. I want to replace it with a new one. but how do I do it ? The air handler is heavy, and it is connected with pipes and ducts. no matter which way I look at it, it is not a easy job, at least not for me. Wonder if any one...
  13. clocert

Fan only function does not work, other functions work fine, please help

Thanks, I believe I found the problem. Checked control board, the green wire was lose at the terminal. re-attach the wire. everything OK now.
  14. clocert

Fan only function does not work, other functions work fine, please help

I have a Amana single split AC 3 ton. For some reason the FAN ONLY function does not work, everything else work fine. I did the following test: I removed the T-stat cover. jumped R,G,Y 3 wires, condenser started, furnace blower also started. If I only jump R and G, the blower will not work ...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks