Search results

1. williamp

Replace Kohler canister type flush valve

Thanks yj, I'm satisfied with it.
  2. williamp

Yes, this is it. I think if I had it to do over I would use Korky parts. I'm not having any trouble with the Fluidmaster but it seems that lots of folks here like Korky. That's the only reason.
  3. williamp

I had the exact same problem a few months ago. I replaced the entire canister flush assembly with a Fluidmaster flush valve assembly. Read my post in this forum "kohler cimarron flush valve leak" for more info.
  4. williamp

Kohler Cimarron flush valve leak

Thank you very much wj for your very informative reply. Good stuff to know. Once again, thanks.
  5. williamp

Right, the Kohler flush valve claimed to be a 3" but it tapered down to a 2" hole in the bottom of the tank. Thanks for your post. Which is best, Fluidmaster or Korky parts?
  6. williamp

O.K. about 3 weeks ago I took matters into my own hands and replaced the Kohler flush valve with a Fluidmaster universal 2" flush valve. It fit the hole in the bottom of the tank perfectly. The only thing I had to do was shorten the overflow tube about an inch or so to get the top of the tube...
  7. williamp

Water leaked down to the canister seal. I had already replaced the gasket seal 3 times over the past year and it never stopped leaking. It would leak down about 1/2" and then fill back up. It took 2+ hours for this to happen. So, I replaced the flush valve with a Fluidmaster 507AK and it...
  8. williamp

O.K. will do a leak check overnight tonight and see what happens. Thanks! Bill
  9. williamp

Do you mean remove the entire flush valve or take it apart like your pic shows? I had it out last week so I don't think it's loose. Thanks for the reply.
  10. williamp

Hi all, newby here. I have a Kohler cimarron toilet that is leaking very slowly somewhere around the flush valve. This toilet has the aqua piston flush (canister). The toilet has been leaking almost as long as I had it (about 2 years). I have replaced the canister seal 3 times and the shank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks