Search results

1. NMPastor

Removing a branch drain

We are changing the location of the washer/dryer in a house. My memory from long-ago remodeling is that the branch drain for the washer needs to be taken out of the system, and that sanitary T taken out and bypassed by putting new 2" in the stack. Certainly something has to be done, otherwise...
  2. NMPastor

Washing Machine AAV?

Doing a utility room in the lower floor of a house in Idaho. Can anyone tell me if Idaho UPC allows the use of an AAV for a washer/utility sink combination, where the washer is not being pumped into the sink? To do a regular vent would require either opening the wall on the floor above or...
  3. NMPastor

Wireless flood sensor

Has anyone tried any of the wireless flood sensors? Got any review comments, positive or negative?
  4. NMPastor

Sump pump issue

I've got a sump pump that has thrown its breaker several times. An electrician has told me that it's a pump issue, as opposed to a wiring/breaker issue. Is that a reasonable conclusion? Thanks.
  5. NMPastor

Wilkins 975XL special tool

I need to install a repair kit on a Wilkins/Zurn 975XL 1/2 inch double check valve. The documentation I have found says that it takes a 'special tool' to remove and install the seats for the two check valves. What kind of a 'special tool' is it? Is there something else that can be used to do...
  6. NMPastor

Vessel sink issue

I'm trying to mount a vessel sink on 1 1/4" silestone. The sink has an overflow. Because the Silestone is 1/2 inch thicker than standard, the drain that came with the valve set (Hansgrohe) isn't long enough to allow the treads to get far enough down to hold the sink down to the countertop. I...
  7. NMPastor

Heater noise

When we have used our hot water, we frequently get a high-pitched nose, almost a squeal, from our electric hot water heater. Frankly, it sounds like the noise that comes from my electric water kettle when it first starts up. I suspect that it is from water boiling in contact with the heating...
  8. NMPastor

Noise deadening...Plumbing upstairs

Upstairs bathroom, toilet and shower, are right above my kitchen. When shower is in use, or toilet flushed...we hear it clearly downstairs. Best noise insulation techniques? Thanks.
  9. NMPastor

Another question...Shower Drain

I just took out a Fiat shower base. The original installer apparently wanted to make sure he didn't miss...so he cut a hole more or less 8 inches across. A distance a shower drain won't cover. If I want to go back in with a tiled shower and shower drain...cut a circular piece of 3/4 inch plywood...
  10. NMPastor

ABS DWV and a PVC shower drain?

Greetings. I am taking out a small shower base, and going back with a larger tiled shower. The DWV system appears to me to be ABS, but the majority of shower drains appear to be PVC. I've always thought that a PVC/ABS connection was a no-no. Is there some way to make that work? Thanks.
  11. NMPastor

Free-standing steam shower?

Any experience out there with free-standing steam shower units...plumbed with valved stub-outs and a floor drain?
  12. NMPastor

Whether to use a booster?

We live at the end of the line at the top of a ridge. Delivery to our home is at about 40-44 psi. I am considering putting a booster at the inlet to the house, in a pantry/closet. The potential problem is that virtually all of the boosters I see have a maximum inlet pressure of 40-44 psi...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks