Search results

1. Winger27

Smelly Vanity Cold Water

I have a shallow dug well, had the water tested and has good quality. I will take about a cup of water from the cold vanity side and walk away with it and it still smells. If it runs for about 15 sec. it clears up, but initial flow stinks like sewer
  2. Winger27

Smelly Vanity Cold Water

It is well water. The pex lines are all newer lines, all other sources have no smell. New water tank, no smell from hot water
  3. Winger27

Smelly Vanity Cold Water

I am having a problem with my cold water in my vanity, it has a sewer smell. It is definitely only the cold water line at only this sink, all others (shower, kitchen sink, toilet) are good with no smell. I have pex lines throughout the house. I replaced the flex line that goes to the faucet...
  4. Winger27

Flange gasket

I have a on top of tile toilet flange, I bought a SaniSeal, it is to thick. The toilet will not compress it enough to rest on the floor. Why is this? I am using a standard pvc/metal flange. I am looking to go waxless what are my options. Thanks
  5. Winger27

Toilet Flange Fitment

So if the pipe is flush with the floor the flange should go all the way down and touch the tile.
  6. Winger27

Toilet Flange Fitment

I am installing a toilet flange over a 3" PVC pipe. It is a Oatley with the steel ring. My problem is that is does not go all the way on, seems about halfway then gets really tight. Is this normal, is it tapered? How much does it need to be inserted? I have the pipe cut flush with the floor. Thanks
  7. Winger27

Toilet Flange Step

Not quite sure what you mean by under the bowl. This is what I have
  8. Winger27

Toilet Flange Step

I am installing a metal ring toilet flange onto of my newly tile floor. The flange has a shoulder on the underside that is about an 1/8" lower than the metal flange, so it hits the floor and leaves a gap under the metal flange. Is this right? Do I need to open the hole up to let the flange sit...
  9. Winger27

Leveling Shower Pan

The manufacturers instructions/video have no mortar or anything of that type under it. They say it will form to the floor
  10. Winger27

Leveling Shower Pan

Thanks for the info. My floor is a little out of level thus the shim. The manufacturer says not to make a mortar bed so it can expand with temp changes. It weighs about 200# and has a flat bottom, it's a composite type. From manufacturer: "Typically laying it on a flat surface (like your...
  11. Winger27

Leveling Shower Pan

I just bought a Onyx shower base. It need shimmed about 1/8 on one corner. My concern is these are made to simply sit in the subfloor, what about the gap after I lift one corner, will it stress and crack. This is a solid/heavy base is there any problem. Thanks
  12. Winger27

Faucet Supply Line Connect

It does have a washer on the inside
  13. Winger27

Got it, thanks guys
  14. Winger27

So this will connect directly to the male shut off valve?
  15. Winger27

Thanks for the response. I thought a compression fitting has a ferrule on it to compress, this flares out which doesn't match the male which flares out also.
  16. Winger27

I have a Moen single handle kitchen faucet that I got used for my laundry room. My problem is that the faucet supply line fitting does not match anything I can find to connect to. All the shutoff valves seem to be compression or flat fittings, this has a flare on the end. What do I need to look...
  17. Winger27

Toilet Flange to Cast Iron

I finally got around to start putting the flange on. It seems like I have to custom make a wax ring due to the 5" diameter I.D.. Could I just use a Sani-Seal and be good or do these not work. They seem to fit the larger dia. better
  18. Winger27

Thanks Reach I just needed someone to reassure me that this will/might work.
  19. Winger27

Thanks for the thumbs up on the avatar. You a fan?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks