Search results

1. r_ventura_23

Toilet Flange Install Question

Thanks. So what do as far as the position of the flange? Even with the floor or level it out with plastic shims?
  2. r_ventura_23

I want to use the glue on one that goes on the outside of the pipe. I think the pipe has be slightly below the finished floor for it to work. I think the best thing is to cut the pipe from the inside. My pipe currently sticks far enough out that I can do a practice cut first.
  3. r_ventura_23

Thanks for the reply. It is not terrible off level. Right now the pipe sticks out of the floor about 8". I recently broke out the tile that was to close to the pipe, so the flange could fit over the pipe. However it is going to be tough to cut the pipe low enough to allow the flange to sit...
  4. r_ventura_23

Happy New Year everyone. I roughed in an capped a 3" line for my toilet. I recently had the room tiled and it is not level. I am installing the flange this weekend and I have a few questions. Do I install the flange level or even with the tile. How to I cut the pipe low enough to install...
  5. r_ventura_23

Water Heater Replacement Help - Picture Attached

Thanks. I will just buy new tools. Much cheaper than paying someone $600 an hour.
  6. r_ventura_23

LOL. He wants $1300. I can install in, just don't have my tools.
  7. r_ventura_23

I have to swap this out this week, and all my tools are over 100 miles away. All I have is a pipe cutter. Hot is easy enough, using the shark bite with one end that goes to the heater and the other end to the copper pipe, but what about the cold side? I feel like I would be twisting it two...
  8. r_ventura_23

Would you feel comfortable with this?

I am having my townhouse sided and they moved my grill and kinked the gas line. This is how they fixed it. Does it seem ok? I am not so sure.
  9. r_ventura_23

Washing Machine Outlet Box

I am installing one of these in my laundry room. The drain pipe is ABS...the black pipe. What type of glue do I use to connect this to the outlet box? Thanks in Advance.
  10. r_ventura_23

What is this pipe and valve for? Washer rough

Positive. I tore it all out. That is all that is left to deal with.
  11. r_ventura_23

Thanks Terry. That makes sense. The wire to the right(you can only see the yellow caps) went to a breaker labeled water heater. On a non plumbing related issue. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can use there space where the old AC duct is?
  12. r_ventura_23

I gutted my laundry room and this pipe configuration was there. The washing machine sits slightly to the right. Anyone know the purpose? Also, is the waching machine plumbed correctly, or should I redo it while the wall is open. Thanks.
  13. r_ventura_23

Can I remove glue and primer from pvc?

I cut a piece of 1 1/2" pvc right at an elbow and I want to put a new fitting on. However, there is some residual primer and glue on the pipe. I can't really cut anymore off due to it's proximity to a beam. Is there a way I can remove this glue and primer and put on a new fitting?
  14. r_ventura_23

Straps for PVC DWV

One more question. Should I wrap the strap completely around the pipe or just enough to tie into the 2x4 over the pipe and back into the 2x4. Also, what kind of straps do most people use?
  15. r_ventura_23

Straps for PVC DWV

Thanks. That sounds easy enough!
  16. r_ventura_23

Straps for PVC DWV

What is the best way to strap pvc vents in an attic that are running horizontally(with a slight pitch)? They only run a few inches above the floor, and the ceiling is anywhere from 4 to 6 feet higher then the vent pipes. Should I attached the straps all the way to the roof rafters or is there...
  17. r_ventura_23

Vertical drain or a vertical stack?

Right. Both traps are vented. The double lav is vented the same way most people do it, both pipes coming into a fixture tee, then the drain goes down and the vent goes up until the attic and then goes horizontal(with some pitch) to the main stack. The whirpool tub is vented about a foot after...
  18. r_ventura_23

Thanks HJ. I have a lav and a whirlpool tub in a master bath. I am venting them both and running the vents through the attic to the main stack. Each one will then tie into a vertical drain which goes down into the crawl space and then runs to the main stack as well. I am just trying to...
  19. r_ventura_23

What makes one a stack and one just a drain? A "stack" is a mostly vertical pipe. What goes through it determines whether is a sewer, drain, or vent stack. Is there a maximum distance a drain can go vertically?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks