Search results

1. Piaband

Brine draw and refill

Ya, iron was 0.25ppm. Hardness was 17.5 so I just called it 18 with the iron.
  2. Piaband

Brine draw and refill

Thanks. I was actually planning on just doubling those numbers anyways. Since I have the capacity for it, it would just cut down on wasted water. Hardness = 18 GPG C=30,000 BF= 6 min Reserve = 10% That would give me 9 LBS of salt per regen...6 lbs per cubic foot.
  3. Piaband

Brine draw and refill

Is this correct? Hardness = 18 GPG 2 people in house = 120 gallons per day 120 gallons * 7 days = 840 gallons per week 840 gallons * 18 grains = 15,120 grains per week 15,120 grains / 3333 grains per LB of salt = 4.54 LBS of salt needed per regen. 4.54 LBS salt needed / 3 LBS salt per gallon...
  4. Piaband

Brine draw and refill

I set up an imgur album with the programming instructions from the word doc. http://imgur.com/a/piGci
  5. Piaband

Brine draw and refill

http://imgur.com/a/piGci That is the WORD doc that I was sent when I purchased the unit. It has all of the programming instructions starting on page 9 The only thing I can think, is maybe the seller was selling units with a 0.25 GPM brine flow when he made the instructions...and didnt...
  6. Piaband

Brine draw and refill

Thank you for the help! How do you know I only need 9 LBS of salt per regen?
  7. Piaband

Brine draw and refill

I have no idea how much salt my unit is suppose to use per regen. I have a "48,000-grain" system (according to the seller), 1.5 cu. ft. of resin. My water hardness is 17.5 GPG, with no iron. Can I calculate it from those numbers? The brine flow is stamped on there and says 0.5 GPM. I'm...
  8. Piaband

Brine draw and refill

I just purchased and installed a fleck 5600sxt water softener unit. 48000 grain, 1.5 cu. ft. resin. The instructions said to set the brine refill to 14 minutes. It also had me start with 5 gallons of water in the brine tank. I watched it run through the entire regeneration routine and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks