Search results

1. Aaroninnh

Honeywell AM-1 Chattering

Just installed a thermostatic mixing valve, the Honeywell AM101-USTG-1LF. It chatters often when water is being called for, although not all the time. Its not super loud, you can only hear it standing in front of it. Just want to make sure this is normal, I can't seem to find any info on this.
  2. Aaroninnh

Tankless & Shower w/ Body Sprays

Parents have an existing 180,000BTU Rinnai RL75 with a single bathtub/shower combo. House is located in New England with estimated incoming water temp of about 45 degrees. Heater has been doing the job just fine. At Delta T of 60 degrees (to get to 105 degree shower temp), estimating their...
  3. Aaroninnh

Water Treatment Saga Continued - Acid Neutralizer

I posted recently about the low backwash rates that my Filox filter had been supplied with (3.5GPM). Well my 1.5CuFt 10x54 calcite tank is in the same boat. I have replaced the DLFC with a 6GPM, and am getting absolutely no media lift in backwash. Zero. I can watch it by shining a light. I tried...
  4. Aaroninnh

Copper bell hangers and PEX

Quick question for the experts. I need to replace some type M copper with 3/4" PEX. The type M is hung with bell hangers. The "talon" hangers won't work well as I need the pipe to be offset from the joist due to obstructions, wire etc that is between the pipe and joist. Any reason I can't...
  5. Aaroninnh

Rapid Rinse Vibration / pressure bouncing

My 5600SXT on my calcite filter just started acting strange during rapid rinse. During rapid rinse I hear a funky vibration sound though the copper pipes in the house. I have a pressure gauge on the 'output' side of the neutralizer (not the drain, but the normal in service-output) and the...
  6. Aaroninnh

Likely Failed Filox, need suggestions

Back in 2015 I worked with one of the more reputable internet suppliers to design a treatment system. My symptoms were occasional blue/green water. Pink stains around drains, and black slime in toilet tank/sink. Wasn't a major problem, more of a minor annoyance. I had a local lab do a water...
  7. Aaroninnh

Dryer Gas Line

Experts, I have never liked this since we moved into the house. This is what the contractor gave us for our Dryer gas line. It is a piece of CSST (TracPipe I believe) around 8' long without any clamps or straps hooked into the back of our dryer. This just does not seem to be a...
  8. Aaroninnh

Cleanout converstion to drain

Plumbing Experts, Years ago to add a basement laundry sink/sump pump for the washing machine I did the this. I threaded a 4" male adapter into the cleanout and a wye. The pump has a 2" line and the valve you can see in the photo. The 4" line then extends up a...
  9. Aaroninnh

Moen 3570 Valve Issue

Experts, I am finishing up a bathroom remodel. I closed the check-stop valves on my Moentrol 3570 valve and left them screwed in (off) for a few months. When backing them back out now to turn the water back out they are both weeping water around the valve screw. It isn't a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks