Search results

1. MikeSS

5600 Econominder + tank

I canceled the order for the powerhead since it's not a new powerhead that I need. All I need are the pistons and fresh O-rings as I understand things now. I jumped the gun in ordering a new powerhead but fortunately caught it in time. The tenant just sent me pictures of the tank data...
  2. MikeSS

5600 Econominder + tank

I've got a rental in Las Vegas that has a Superior Water Softener system. Tenant tells me water is dripping from the connection that goes from the meter to the brine tank. He tried tightening it but it still leaks so he let me know about the problem. I called the company that installed it in...
  3. MikeSS

Diverter Valve Question

Is the small piece in the picture with the hexagonal fitting something I can replace without having to buy a new diverter valve? This diverter valve is on a jacuzzi tub. Is it a special valve or something universal? It won't turn - especially now that I've torn off the stub the handle fits...
  4. MikeSS

Shower diverter valve super hard to turn

My mom's townhome has a jacuzzi tub with shower. The hot and cold are separate valves mounted on the flat shoulder of the tub, along with the tub faucet and diverter valve. The tub has gone a very long time without being used so the diverter, to turn it from shower to tub faucet, has frozen in...
  5. MikeSS

Well water turning bamboo yellow

Since we've gone several years without much rain the bamboo is doing all it can just to hold its own, nevermind invading anywhere. It does provide a great natural privacy screen along property lines so neighbors usually appreciate it.
  6. MikeSS

I agree with that. I noticed that spraying the bamboo leaves accelerated the damage and so have been aiming the water around the bases of the plants & trees once I noticed how the water was affecting the bamboo and some of the other vegetation. Some don't mind the water, such as Magnolia...
  7. MikeSS

Thanks. That's really useful information. I'll look into the Patterson iron filter and also start thinking about ways to aerate. Adding a secondary pump to increase pressure and spraying the water high into the air before it falls down on the vegetation might be a good idea - still wouldn't...
  8. MikeSS

Thanks. Digging wells with hand labor is still widely done in Africa and other remote areas of the world where labor is cheap and machinery unavailable or unaffordable. Looking into it just now I'm finding it is not that uncommon here in the U.S. to dig a well by hand or back hoe. These...
  9. MikeSS

I've done a little research and learned that the sulfur smell in my well water is caused by sulfur-reducing bacteria which forms all kinds of different compounds as it reacts with iron, manganese and other minerals and vegetative materials. Hydrogen Sulfide gas is highly toxic - it's what kills...
  10. MikeSS

Dug well pump questions

I've had my "system" up and running for a month now. I have not followed through (yet) with my more elaborate plan of putting in some elevated storage tanks with a drip system. If I had that I could put the pump on a timer to fill the tanks each day at a certain time and the water would then...
  11. MikeSS

Dug well pump questions

Lowering the cut-out pressure and raising the cut-in pressure seems to have reduced the strain on the hose pressure with the nozzle closed. Might be my imagination. I haven't put on the additional 80' hose yet so I'll see if that changes anything. In any case, I've had no problem with the...
  12. MikeSS

Dug well pump questions

I've thought about using the non-functioning HF pump tank as a tank to soften the starts with my pump. Also thinking to use the pressure gauge off of that pump and put it on my TEEL. There's a bolt on the pump housing that looks like it is designed for installation of a gauge. If the thread...
  13. MikeSS

Dug well pump questions

This looks like just the ticket. It does add some complexity to the system and my brain is pretty simple so I'll need to think about this. Meanwhile, my Furnas 30/50 has a screw that will allow me to adjust the cut in and cut out pressures, plus another screw that will adjust the differential...
  14. MikeSS

Dug well pump questions

Many of the reviews on these pumps on the HF site report they do work within their limitations. I think mine has got some dried-out seals or something like that which won't allow it to build pressure.
  15. MikeSS

Dug well pump questions

I don't have a tank. I turn the pump on to get water through my hose and turn the pump off when I'm done. No tank. I don't see any reason for a tank - I assume you mean bladder tank. I do intend to put in some elevated water storage tanks (330 gallon water totes connected together) for...
  16. MikeSS

Dug well pump questions

I hooked up the half hp TEEL pump to the same downpipe as I had the Harbor Freight pump hooked to and it pumps really well. It's wired 230 with a hose bib coming off the outlet piping I've cooked up. I put a brass nipple into the 3/4" outlet and a T on that with the hose bib on the horizontal...
  17. MikeSS

Dug well pump questions

I took my Harbor Freight 3/4 HP Shallow Well Pump to a nearby lake this morning and tossed it in and it sank like a rock! Although it is not advertised as such, it definitely is a submersible pump. Just kidding. I haven't given up on this pump yet. Mike
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks