Search results

1. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

I just wanted to post for maybe one last time to thank everyone for the help I've gotten here -- no sarcasm intended -- because I can't think of any more ideas that might help with my particular issue and situation. So thanks for the help and sorry if I ruffled some feathers and stirred up some...
  2. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

Now, in Russia, they got it mapped out so that everyone pulls for everyone else... that's the theory, anyway. But what I know about is Texas, an' down here... you're on your own.
  3. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

BTW, I saw where deercreek had asked you about well lining. Since that's my problem (I don't have any) do you have anything to offer on that front? Assuming you haven't followed valveman and jumped with him.
  4. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

So you're just frustrated generally and taking it out on me. That's mature. Then they call or go online after trying to reinvent the wheel by running a pump 1/2 voltage with no tank and a ball valve on the wrong side of the pump. They ask what could possibly be wrong and when given well...
  5. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

Really? Have you seen the post right after yours? I think he's clearly demonstrated where he's coming from, as well as who he is. Starts with an A ends with an E 5 letters in between. I mean, is that kind of comment really necessary? Is it helpful? What does it add to the discussion and is...
  6. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

Yea, I agree. There is a lot of hostility here. Too much, if you ask me. And you're not helping with that problem. Now, tell me again; how much was I paying you for your valuable advice? DonL has finally made a contribution. I agree that a pressure tank likely acts as a buffer, and that...
  7. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

Oh. That's very different. Never mind! (that's an Emily Litella reference for all you yung'uns and others who may not know. Or may not catch it) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Litella :D
  8. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

Uh, 'Scuse me? How do you figure the pump "is producing 10 or 15 GPM until it shuts off" when I'm getting 5 GPM at the faucet? The off/on that I referred to was momentary, and it HAS to be only momentary since once the pump shuts off with the faucet remaining open, the pressure will...
  9. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

Okay, I did it. The slowest pumping rate I could get was 1 gallon / 12 seconds, which is 5 gals/minute. Any slower than that causes the pump to shut off, then come back on, then shut off, etc. It's a bit of a faster rate than when I run the pump slow the other way because that way fills a...
  10. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

We missed you. Glad so see you didn't try to unsubscribe out of frustration. :D Soooo, here's my question for you today: Can I not just control the flow (at least for starters) by turning my faucet partially off such that I get a lot less flow out of it? I take it that since I keep hearing...
  11. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

Does anyone have a feeling as to whether it would be better to underpower my pump motor with the windings in series, or better to do that when wired in parallel? The power / current "surge" would seem to be the same regardless of whether I use a rheostat when wired in parallel (wired for 115...
  12. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

I don't plan on being in this house for more than a few more years -- should I live so long. I'll likely be selling the place to a builder who will knock this house down and build a McMansion which is what's been going on in my neighborhood. It'll then be the builder's problem and he can just...
  13. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

I didn't realize you had mentioned this before (and linked to the thread) in your post #37. Sorry I missed it. The thread you linked is a good one. I was referring to a trial and error approach of putting the pipes down the well and hoping the foot valve would end up centered (by dumb luck)
  14. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

Methinks you're not a "rocket scientist." Are you paying attention here? I already said I'm drawing water from 60 feet down but my well is at least 70+ feet deep (that's all the rope I had) ( Thursday at 4:36 PM ) My foot valve isn't sitting in mud. But good try anyway. :)
  15. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

Ahhhhh, finally someone sypathetic to my plight offering a helpful practical solution. Not that you electrical folks haven't been helpful, you have. Very helpful with the electrical problem. But throwing up yer hands in seeming exasperation isn't too helpful. I'm thinking there must be a way...
  16. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

Uhhhhhhh, P = IE is the same as what you wrote (P=v*a. Power=volts*amps (often written P=I*E)) so I'm not sure what your point is in repeating it unless you didn't think that "IE" is just another way of writing "I*E" The pump wants a certain amount of power, so if you drop the voltage by half...
  17. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

My thought was that since I'd be running it wired for 115 volts, albeit at lower voltage, I'd at least be using the windings that were designed for 115 volts as opposed to running it the other way, where I'd be running it at 115 volts but through windings designed for 230 volts. Jim said: One...
  18. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

First of all, thanks for the 3 replies since my last long-winded post. Jim - Not sure if you were talking to me or to DonL, but I think it must be me since it seems you agree with his claim that I'm doubling the current. If you were talking to me, I did know that P = IE (and I think that...
  19. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

I think you're right about that. DonL said in an earlier post that "When you cut the voltage in half, You double the current." I don't think so. I did some research and fiddling around with the formulas that apply. See Question 60 here and the answers to it...
  20. FrustratedinNJ

115 or 230?

I see that you edited your post today. I believe you had included a formula in your original post and I don't see it now. I had intended to Google it but now I can't since I can't recall what it was. I think the formula was in support of your assertion that cutting the voltage in half doubles...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks