Search results

1. ShowerDude

Converting A laundry closet to a wet room

our next project will see this cracked oatey basin replaced with an upgraded pan system, topical waterproofiing upturned at base/corners and a caplilary break....... what methods and materials? there is currently a well built truss system with 3/4" exp 1 ply as the subfloor......topped with...
  2. ShowerDude

Embracing Tile Lippage with Neutri Slate

As A tile guy lippage is death, lippage is for rookies and leveling systems, the weekender and the budget hurry up get it done mentality. Slate is NOT rectified and its layered quality makes it impossible to gauge from piece to piece. Lippage is to be embraced in certain materials such...
  3. ShowerDude

Steam shower lighting options

We have had good luck with low voltage chromotherapy lights.... but are they overrrated?
  4. ShowerDude

Sunken Tub removal ??? How to

We're having a hard time getting in and out of this tub.
  5. ShowerDude

to cut or not to cut? the suicide tile floor job

I have to tile this foyer/entry w/6x20 porcelain wood tile its rated i believe as C1 or commercial floor rated. 3/8"nominal thickness. The client demands it time out with their old 3/4 hardwood. Its currently a failed mosaic over a thin mud bed on top of roughcut 3/4"x 8"cross planking...
  6. ShowerDude

Grout doubts

Sorry duplicate thread please delete !!!!
  7. ShowerDude

Grout central ... What works and what doesnt

Im back to this pair of products for grouting. And dare i say exclusively. Seems everytime i try something else i have problems. I had so many lucky years with random grout brands now it seems all i can use is this pair?
  8. ShowerDude

Plumbing walls ( Not that kind of plumb)

I have seen some unfortunate tile installations, especially uneven bad tub deck reveals, and horrible changes of plane in the corners.......it almost always directly reflects the price the homeowner paid. Whether its a tub surround alcove, or a 3 wall capture shower, 4 wall capture, neo...
  9. ShowerDude

Educating The Budget Client on Tile shower pricing

Professional tradesman ( NO JIM you don't qualify!!!) but im sure you'll chime in. Lets open A discussion on the price of a tile shower ? How do we educate clients that are shopping your services that have already been mis-informed by the online community, box stores etc.. They want the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks