Search results

1. ubersanger

Replace bathroom faucet with pex hookups help

Thanks. I will see what I can do. I have never encountered a set up like this before and it seems really cheap and poorly done.
  2. ubersanger

Replace bathroom faucet with pex hookups help

I am trying to replace a bathroom faucet and the plumbing is a pex set up, which I have never worked with before. When I looked at it the shut off valve it looked like I could just disconnect the supply line at the valve by just turning the nut as I would for any other hookup. However, when I...
  3. ubersanger

Grab bar backer board with Sterling Surround?

So once I get it in place, figure out how much room is there and fill as needed. So plywood is ok to use as the fill as long as I've got something solid behind it. Correct?
  4. ubersanger

Grab bar backer board with Sterling Surround?

In my addition project, we are going to use a Sterling shower surround for the shower. I know they sell versions with pre-installed backer board for grab bar installation. However, no one carries those versions in-stock locally and the price premium is $300 which seems ridiculous to me. I'd...
  5. ubersanger

HVAC in bathroom and exhaust fans

No hallway and don't need to condition closets per se so just a bedroom and adjacent bathroom is all I need. I suppose I could do ducted single zone mini to cover bedroom and bath, but as there won't be conditioned attic space, I'd have to figure where to put the indoor blower unit. the utility...
  6. ubersanger

HVAC in bathroom and exhaust fans

I am building a new master addition to my house. It is not possible to extend ducting of existing hvac to the addition so we are going to go minisplit. The addition is 480 square ft, 280 for the bedroom, 90 for bathroom and the rest for his and her closets. I am worried that a single point mini...
  7. ubersanger

A close look at the Mansfield Cascade rimless toilet -PICS-

I just put one of these in to a bathroom (different one than I put the Kohler in). I got the round front model which is standard height. Street price is about $100 so just a few bucks more than the builders grade Mansfield Alto. For $100, I am impressed. If enough people knew about this one, it...
  8. ubersanger

Questions about Toto Eco Drake, Kohler Wellworth

Cost was just one factor. I was balancing performance, cost and ease of availability. I had done extensive checking on both toilets outside of this just forum and believe it or not there are some plumbers out there who prefer the Kohler vs the Toto, but pretty much all blasted AS for...
  9. ubersanger

Wellworth runs street price of $150 around here so yes it is cheaper and I'd have to drive an hour one way to get a Toto which I wouldn't consider local. Not every place in the country is the same.
  10. ubersanger

Thanks everyone for the comments. I went ahead and got the Wellworth since it was cheaper and was able to get it locally and I knew for a fact that the footprint wouldn't be an issue. However, I am wondering if whether I need to go back and exchange the one I got. Here's a picture of the bottom...
  11. ubersanger

Replacing an old builders grade Peerless 1.6 (more like 2+ gallon flush because I have never been able to find a flapper that works right for it after the OEM started leaking) and have narrowed it down to the Kohler Wellworth and the Eco Drake. From what I can tell they both seem to flush well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks