Search results

1. WMG

Issues with upflow uranium/water softener system

@ditttohead Congrats on the acquisition! In terms of valve teardown, do you mean complete teardown -- i.e. removing valve from tank and soaking/cleaning the entire unit? Where can I get citric acid and how much/how often should it be added to the tank? Thanks for the suggestions! -Wes
  2. WMG

@Bannerman Yup, the injector is violet, looks exactly like the part number you reference. Written on the outside of the drain line elbow is what looks like 2.7, also not too different from what your reference above. Inside the black disk is marked 027 (facing toward the softener). Would a ~20...
  3. WMG

@Reach4 It is a combined uranium treatment / water softener. Tank is 10x54 with 1.25 cu. ft. for softening, and 0.5 cu. ft. for uranium. (I believe it is very similar to the third row in the attached table). I vaguely recall the BLFC injector being red, but I will check. -Wes
  4. WMG

Hi, Thanks for the responses. The combined softener/uranium treatment system is about three years old. First time I pulled the valve apart (pictures in first post above) was 1-2 months ago. I pulled the valve apart again today -- seal pack looks ok to me, no obvious o-ring failures. @Bannerman...
  5. WMG

Hi, I have the following system: Uranium Reduction Lower Chamber .5 CF/Softener Upper Chamber 1.25 CF Meter VortechMid 1054Black/Counter Current Upflow CK10EE-1.5 GPM DLFC 18x40 Brine Tank Periodically I have been noticing very salty water after a regeneration, and sometimes a full brine tank...
  6. WMG

Treatment suggestions for uranium needed

Hi, Thank you for all the responses. @gsmith22 Your experience has made us think a bit more about how to we might mitigate our issues. Anion exchange sounds a bit more appealing as we are not too excited about bathing in uranium, etc. as you point out. The basic panel we chose does not include...
  7. WMG

Treatment suggestions for uranium needed

Hi, We just had our water re-tested and our uranium levels have gone up since our last test. Previous test was 15.4 ug/L, current test is 77 ug/L. I have attached the report below. We are on well water, and current treatment system consists of big blue style sediment filter followed by a radon...
  8. WMG

Water softener recommendation?

With it being 50% larger, besides the service flow rate, what would the other benefits be? Less frequent backwash and therefore less frequent need for additional salt?
  9. WMG

Water softener recommendation?

Hi, I am considering adding a water softener to our well-water system. Details of our water quality report are below. Hardness is just under 10 gpg. Based on what I have read on these forums, I am considering the Fleck 7000sxt (we also have 1" piping after the well tank). Ultimately, there...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks