Search results

1. PhoenixPhyre

Central A/C pipe freezes

Thanks Mikey; we will take a look at the Wikipedia links.
  2. PhoenixPhyre

Central A/C pipe freezes

Thanks guys; we'll check the air filter and the refrigerant levels before we call the unit in for service.
  3. PhoenixPhyre

Central A/C pipe freezes

I will have my husband insulate the larger pipe. I thank the both of you for your responses as we did not have any idea as to what the problem may be.
  4. PhoenixPhyre

Central A/C pipe freezes

Thank you very much; I'm going to have someone come and check the unit out as I do not want this to go on and have the entire unit go out.
  5. PhoenixPhyre

Central A/C pipe freezes

You will all have to pardon me as I do not know anything at all about central air conditioners or the proper names of the components. Therefore, I will post the photos. The bottom, thin pipe always freezes over (even in hot weather) and we have to turn the unit off for a few hours until all...
  6. PhoenixPhyre

Banging when shower is turned on

At my current home and other places I've lived, I can swtich between the tub and the shower and at some point, they all are in the "in between" mode when going from one to another and I do not experience that banging noise. The "harmonious vibrating tantrum" is exactly what we're worried...
  7. PhoenixPhyre

Question about the Symmons Temptrol Valve

I had started another thread about the banging in the shower pipes when the diverter is turned and I just want to make sure that what this plumber stated is legit. The seller's hired a plumber to come out and inspect the banging and he wrote a letter that stated: "Called because tub and shower...
  8. PhoenixPhyre

That was part of the Purchase and Sales Agreement that they signed. I was faxed a letter from their plumber that stated that is was acceptable; this is what is reads: "Called because tub and shower were chattering. Unit was checked and found no evidence of malfunction when used properly...
  9. PhoenixPhyre

The contingency agreement was submitted to them listing the things that needed to be repaired if we were to purchase the home...they reviewed it and then SIGNED IT agreeing to fix the items on the agreement.
  10. PhoenixPhyre

Since it's in the list of contingencies, they can't back out and are bound by law to fix it now; the attorney will make sure of it.
  11. PhoenixPhyre

Exactly. That's why I turned it on several times to see if this was a reoccurring problem (and it was). It's funny how the seller's said that this never happened to them in the several years they've lived in this house... :rolleyes:
  12. PhoenixPhyre

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question about the banging noise when the shower is turned on.... My husband and I are about to purchase a house and one of the things I noticed was the loud banging when I turned on the bath water (I was diverting the handle to the shower when the banging...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks