Search results

1. Spider

Toilet drain

Just finished gluing everything back up. I know, still not perfect, but much better I think. Thanks again for the advice.
  2. Spider

Toilet drain

Thanks Terry. The toilet was added much after the rest of the plumbing and snaked arround to avoid redoing the original drains. We're now moving and I'm afraid this will be an issue for the home inspection. I've been thinking about moving these around to get a straight line down for the toilet...
  3. Spider

Toilet drain

I have a toilet drain that has 3 x 3" 90 degree bends back to back. The other toilets in the house have the same number of bends, but more spread out. Can anyone tell me if this a code violation in Ohio? Thanks in advance.
  4. Spider

New toilet drain tie in location

Thanks. The only difference between that iso and my setup, is the sink wet vent is downstream of the single toilet. That being the case, is it still ok to connect in the middle of the existing toilet drain, or do I need to tie in close to the sink drain/wet vent? I've attached an iso of my pipes...
  5. Spider

New toilet drain tie in location

I'm adding a toilet to what is currently a laundry room and I'm trying to figure out where to tie in the drain line. Can I add a long turn wye into a current toilet drain (red dot in pictures), or do I need to replace where the sink wye's in with a double wye (blue dot in pictures) to prevent...
  6. Spider

4" inside offset toilet flange that fits completely inside closet bend?

I have one more question on this. Will I need a 4 inch outside connecting flange, or would I be alright with the inside connection to give me a little play? If I need to use the outside connecting type I'll have to chip away at the concrete around the pipe. I'd prefer to avoid that, but I...
  7. Spider

Thanks for the replies. I'm really new to plumbing so I thought that you would center the bowl over the flange. Are you saying I should have enough play to shift 1/4 to 1/2 inch? I'm guessing I need to install a 4 inch flange to get that play, right?
  8. Spider

I'm guessing that would be 3/4 off the stud, giving me, maybe 1/4 inch off drywall, right? I thought minimum clearance of the finished wall was 1/2 inch. Is that code or a preference I read somewhere? I'm basically looking at a 11 & 1/2 inch rough in without an offset.
  9. Spider

Am I laying this full bath out right

I finally got my inspection with the last design I posted and passed. Thanks for all the advice and for steering me away from that crazy design I started with.
  10. Spider

Homemade Pipe Plug to Test New DWV

I ended up springing for a hot dog plug and I'm glad I did really. It was easy to use, which really helped when I had to drain the lines to fix a drip while pressure testing. Thanks for the advice.
  11. Spider

I'm finishing my basement, passed my rough plumbing inspection, and have redone the concrete and built the wet wall. I have a 4X3 Closet Bend with a spigot x hub sticking up out of the concrete and I've realized that it's centered 12" away from the unfinished stud wall. I've been looking for...
  12. Spider

What could possibly go wrong? ;) If water leaks by it'll just go to the main drain. If it does get loose, the only thing down stream is the main drain line that exits the house. Still, after popping an inner tube in a test pipe today I may spring for the plug.
  13. Spider

I wouldn't mind a nice shower, if there wasn't already a bunch of junk in the basement. Thanks for the info. I'm thinking i'll stick an inner tube in there with a rope tied around it. Thanks for all the info and stay tuned for results. :)
  14. Spider

I like the look of that clean-seal. What do those cost? Any idea what a rental place would charge for a test ball plug? If I end up using a toy ball, I'll definitely take pictures and post my results.
  15. Spider

I'm installing a basement bathroom and plan to fill the new piping with water to test. I plan on gluing caps on the drains to be cut off after testing and filling the vent with a hose on the roof. I know you can find test ball plugs for as low as $20 some places, but I'm doing this on a...
  16. Spider

I'm glad I only paid $4 for the book and even more so that I asked you guys to check my layout before busting up concrete. I'm wondering if the inspectors even looked at my plumbing drawings before issuing my permits. So back to the drawing board, how does this design look? I'll use wyes...
  17. Spider

Does that mean the toilet vent shown in the picture would not meet code since it comes up at a 45 then makes a horizontal run to the wet wall? Now I'm wondering if my design is all wrong. Should I have one drain line running under the wet wall and if I did that how would I vent the toilet? I...
  18. Spider

So, according to this I need to get rid of that extra connection like below, right? Any idea why the setup in that book would have two connections? I'm pretty handy, but have limited plumbing experience. I thought maybe it had something to do with proper venting. Thanks again for the...
  19. Spider

Hopefully these picks will help clear it up a little. The first is the same layout as my plans from the complete guide to home plumbing book. The second is more of an overhead view showing the 3 inch toilet drain continuing back to an existing line in the floor. I'm wondering if I need the...
  20. Spider

I'm getting ready to put a full bath in the basement and want to double check my drain plumbing layout before busting up the concrete, so I'd appreciate any advice. I've attached the overhead view of my floor plan and a crude isometric of the plumbing. I'm wondering if the line between the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks