Search results

1. pkovo

Burnham V73T Leak Information Needed

I dont know what the return temp is, not sure how I could tell, but I’ve not changed the temp settings on the aquastat myself. I changed the aquastat years ago, but just put in an exact replacement set the same as the original. The crack isn’t between the sections. The crack is on the flange...
  2. pkovo

Since they say a picture is worth 1000 words…
  3. pkovo

The boiler started leaking some time during the night last night. Noticed a small puddle today. The tankless water feature of this boiler is not used so it has a rectangular cover plate over that spot with 8 bolts. The leak was very clearly coming from one of those bolts. I assumed the...
  4. pkovo

Ticking/tapping noise PEX baseboard lines

I accessed a bit of it in the one area that doesn't have a finished floor. Found the holes drilled through new 2x10 2nd floor joists are plenty big enough, but nothing inserted to keep the PEX from contacting the wood. Also the pex just lays on top of the 2x6 joists. So it rubs a 2x10 and a...
  5. pkovo

I would be OK with a little here and there, but what I have seems extreme. I'm going to investigate through the floor upstairs later this week. Took this video this with a phone yesterday laying on my bed. noise starts around 30 seconds in...
  6. pkovo

Thanks Jim. The thought of it rubbing enough to get a hole is not at all comforting. As much as I dont want to, I think im going to have to address it. Will see where I get with the plumber first, but worst case i'll have an unwanted fall project. I believe the worst spot falls below an...
  7. pkovo

Recent 2nd story addition. 3 bedrooms and a bathroom. Heated off existing boiler, one new zone with PEX running to Slant fin radiators. Heats great, but there are several spots where the PEX in the floor/ceiling makes quite a racket. It's a ticking or a tapping exactly like the sound that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks