Search results

1. g20zoom

How to remove corroded water heater nipple?

6 year old Rudd heater. Was bought at a plumbing supply house . I’m bummed the nipple is already corroded and almost ready to blow. I see external cracks. suggestions on how to remove? What about those Husky internal pipe removal tools? In your experience, what are my chances ? I would...
  2. g20zoom

Moen 3520 Moentrol tub shower valve discontinued?

I've been using the Moen 3520 CC valve for shower/tub remodels but I noticed the moen website says it's discontinued. Just curious if anyone knows why so or if there are trends to move to the PosiTemp valve? I like the Moen 3520 because it seems to work fine, reliable, and uses the 1225...
  3. g20zoom

ABS vs Brass cleanout plug in cast iron?

I've got a 2" cast iron sewer pipe with bad threads. The current ABS plug threads are shot, and don't seal well. I tried new ABS plugs from HomeDepot, NIBCO ones, but the ABS just seemed so thin and not so dense compared to the old worn out plugs. Any recommendations for some more durable ABS...
  4. g20zoom

Tankless not flushed for 10+ years!! Best way to flush?

So my buddy has a place with a tankless...but no flush valves installed. This unit is 10+ years old, natural gas on a 1600 sf home. I'm not sure of the brand...but I can dig up a so so photo. I'm going to help him get some flush valves installed...but was wondering the best solution to...
  5. g20zoom

Rheem Home Depot quality same as plumbing supply house?

In the past...I heard people say the Home Depot GE heaters(rebadged Rheem/Rudd) were the same as the supply house ones...but when I dug around, some plumbers said the supply house ones weight quite a bit more. So one would think the supply house ones were much thicker tanks. Now that HD has...
  6. g20zoom

Changing curb stop valve?

Right now I have a plastic main water line about 25 years old. It's about 30 ft long and there is a palm tree in the line of view from where it enters the house to the meter. So with new hard landscaping, I'm planning on changing out the mainline to 1" copper tubing Type L. My friend, used to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks