Search results

1. silverrhino

Bathtub Drain Problems

Thank you for the response. I found a touch drain that had an adapter that would allow it to work in either 1 1/4 or 1 1/2. When I got it home I was excited that I had solved the problem. Ok...... Here comes the good part! When I tried to put the drain in without the 1 1/2 bushing, it looked...
  2. silverrhino

Bathtub Drain Problems

I am remodeling out bathroom and ran into a big problem yesterday. Our cast iron tub does not have a big enough drain hole for me to put in the 1 1/2" drain kit. We have an old cast brass tub drain lower portion which is still good. However the 1 3/" brass pipe that was threaded into it is...
  3. silverrhino

Replacing Cast Iron Shower Drain With PVC

I am in the process of planning a total bath remodel that will include re-building existing shower. Our shower is a 30 X 60 with a center drain and will be re-built using the Kerdi Shower System, including the Kerdi base and drain. Our home was built in the mid 60's and has cast iron drain...
  4. silverrhino

Quality of Bathroom Faucet

I have answered my own question. Found this site http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/sources.faucets2.htm that had a tremendous amount of information on this and other brands of faucets.
  5. silverrhino

Quality of Bathroom Faucet

We are in the process of planning for two bathroom remodels. These are going to require three new vanity faucets and two new shower systems. While searching on the internet for styles that she liked, my wife ran across Signature Hardware out of Kentucky. She found a couple of designs she...
  6. silverrhino

Brass or PVC for Bathtub Drain

Thank you for re-assuring me that I was correct. Our home is built on a slab, so access to the tub waste is definitely concealed. I have cut a small access panel in the wall that the bath shares with a bedroom in order to be able to actually get to the pipes. I plan on finishing the wall in...
  7. silverrhino

Brass or PVC for Bathtub Drain

I will be replacing the drain assembly on our tub & shower during a remodel. Planned on using a PVC, sched 40 drain assembly. While have coffee yesterday, fellow that works for a plumber said that his boss "never puts PVC in" when he can use brass! I asked why......."because it is better" ...
  8. silverrhino

How to Raise Toilet for New Tile

I will be remodeling our two bathrooms and I am trying to plan for all the possible snags I may find. In both bathrooms I believe I will need to raise the toilets. Floors are currently sheet vinyl and I will be laying tile. My questions are: 1) What would be the maximum distance above...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks