Search results

1. Will C.

Copper pipe needs slight bend!

Thanks for the reply, but I've never soldered, I was hoping that it might be something a I could do without calling a plumber. Its not leaking at the arrow, arrow was to show where it needs to be more vertical so the adaptor fits straight into the faucet. It's leaking at the the union due to...
  2. Will C.

Copper pipe needs slight bend!

Two handle faucet installed but copper inlet on the left is at a slight angle causing in to leak. Is there anyway to correct this without starting over with new copper bent with a different offset. The left inlet needs to be more vertical like the hot in the second picture. This was just using...
  3. Will C.

Pouring concrete around the shower drain

sorry best pic I could find online and its a pic of pic. All I have in is the back fill I can remove it if necessary and start over. Under the back fill is fernco style coupling connect cast to ABS. approx 4-6 inch abs to ptrap with the vertical riser it was plumb before i started the back fill...
  4. Will C.

Yes ptrap is surrounded with earth and sand not buried in concrete. pic is in 6th post.
  5. Will C.

thanks for the reply. There is a trap. That is what I figured would be said and makes most since to give a good contact to the drain. My questions are after talking with the guy in plumbing and not being sure if I trusted his opinion is why I started on this website. Have been told either way...
  6. Will C.

ok my vertical riser is not plumb after back filling the hole possibly didn't have enough dirt under the horizontal pipe while trying to keep my slope. I can manipulate the drain dry fitted to level or do I need to cut the vertical pipe and use a flexible style fitting, so the vertical pipe is...
  7. Will C.

It is a single level single family home. It is a slab that is why I'm pouring concrete to join where I meet the existing slab and questioned when to install the drain before or after I pour the concrete bc the drain will be on the outside of the riser or do I put something small like cardboard...
  8. Will C.

Replacing the shower drain, 1. do I pour concrete just around the vertical riser(rough in) then use a inside cutting tool or something similar bc the drain I have the riser goes into the drain. or 2. should I cut the riser and install the clamping drain to the riser before pouring the...
  9. Will C.

Questions about back filling a hole in slab

Just wanted to say Hi and yes I'm a newbie to this website. I've been reading different threads before posting to try and keep my questions to a minimal as I'm sure they are basic and everyone except me knows the answer! I'm replacing the drain below the slab in a shower and I have the cast...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks