Search results

1. Pooleje

Water Softner sizing and programming

Just a couple more questions. Do I need to worry about the .5ppm chlorine when selecting the resin? The dealer I was looking at offers an imported 10% Crosslinked resin or SST-60 as upgrades. The SST-60 looks nice for hardness leakage at low salt dosages but I can't seem to find anything...
  2. Pooleje

If I changed to dFFF, I would need to adjust the temperature I'm using in my calculations to the incoming water temperature (about 47F or 8.33C for my area). That would change my Brine Concentration to approx 2.53 lb/gal, the brine required to 2.3728 gal, the BF time to 10 min, and the capacity...
  3. Pooleje

So, let's talk programming of a 1.5 cuft 7000sxt system. Since I want to use potassium, I used a Brine Concentration of 2.87 lb/gal (Saturation point of KCl in H2O at 20deg C) instead of the 3 lb/gal used for NaCl. At a dosage of 4 lb/cuft, I would need 6 lb of salt to regenerate 1.5 cuft of...
  4. Pooleje

I've done a fair amount of research and think I've settled on the Fleck 7000SXT valve. My question is about resin tank sizing and programming. I've measured our hardness at 16gpg and gotten the following values from the cities water quality report: Chlorine 0.5 ppm Iron 0.0111 ppb We...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks