Search results

1. moparfreak

Starting a Plumbing Project on my Own...

Thanks for your feedback. I figured a vent 90 would be less expensive than a medium 90, but I'll switch that out. The 1.25" on the lav was to make sure the trap would be kept inconspicuous and hidden behind the pedestal sink but if that's going to be hard to find I'll just go 1.5". As far as...
  2. moparfreak

Well the bitter cold has stalled the foundation work and allowed me some time to sketch out the plumbing plan. The resources here have been very helpful and I believe that this plan should adhere to the rules but I am novice so I'm sure there are still adjustments to be made, whether it's for...
  3. moparfreak

The copper is 2.5" so that won't be sufficient for the added toilet. As far as the utility sink, it's not in compliance to have right underneath the electrical panel for the house. The code compliance guy at sale didn't make a big deal of it since it's existing stuff but with all of the work...
  4. moparfreak

Currently, it looks like the venting for the laundry tray has not been done right. Or maybe I just need a different angle on the photo. No, it's not the picture angles, you caught it, there's simply no vent on that utility tub. That's just how it was built since day 1 in '63 (just bought it...
  5. moparfreak

Mike, sometimes all it takes is a picture to get the gears turning on a good problem to solve but in all seriousness, I agree with what you wrote. I can see that I started things out too broad. I've gotten some helpful advice already, and will go back to the plans, develop schematics and perform...
  6. moparfreak

You are confused. This site is for DIY questions about minor items, NOT a complete plumbing system done by a novice. If you want to know how to fix something ask away. You might help him with his con rod, but what wolud you do if he wanted to build a complete engine? Simple. I would provide...
  7. moparfreak

"So you are going to pay a framing contractor, foundation contractor and an electrician but for some reason you think you can handle the plumbing and heating on your own? Its pretty obvious that you have no skills or experience with plumbing or heating and believe me, anything you get off DIY...
  8. moparfreak

Starting an HVAC Project on my Own...

Dana, Thanks for your reply. A lot of great information that is really helpful. Yes, as you suspect this is an older house with 2x4 construction and leaky double pane windows, so although I'm adding some more surface area and windows with the addition I expect to make improvements. This winter...
  9. moparfreak

Sorry about that, I mis-spoke. The drain stack I am referring to is a 2" copper mated to a 4.5" OD cast iron going into the floor. I was at work when I wrote the post so didn't check closely. Picture of it is below. I'd be looking to use this for my kitchen and bath fixtures. 1/2" galvanized...
  10. moparfreak

Starting an HVAC Project on my Own...

Hello folks, First time here, got the link over from Garage Journal. Looks like a great wealth of knowledge here! Anyways, I am embarking on a large addition to my ranch house right now, expanding the garage and kitchen, and adding a half bath on that end, and redoing the laundry room. To...
  11. moparfreak

Hello folks, First time here, got the link over from Garage Journal. Looks like a great wealth of knowledge here! Anyways, I am embarking on a large addition to my ranch house right now, expanding the garage and kitchen, and adding a half bath on that end, and redoing the laundry room. To...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks