Search results

1. mjl1297

Delta two handle faucet in bathtub...

I need to replace the seals and springs in my bathtub taps and I am having difficulty figuring out how to remove the escutcheons. My home was built in the late thirties and I'm certain this Delta faucet has been in there since the sixties. Is there some trick to removing these things? I've...
  2. mjl1297

Bathtub drain installation...

Actually I did assemble the drain ell to the tub first and worked out from there. Like I say it was only a few drops clinging to the underside of the drain ell. I'm going under again soon and have the wife run water above and see if I see anything. I didn't notice it leaking before and it didn't...
  3. mjl1297

I have putty under the drain flange right now. There is nothing on the rubber gasket between the drain ell and the bottom of the tub. I didn't put anything on the strainer body threads either. My question is if the strainer body threads into the drain ell and water goes down the strainer into...
  4. mjl1297

The thing is I put plumber's putty in because it was leaking. I'll keep working on it though...it's personal now.
  5. mjl1297

I went underneath the house today just to do a followup check. Everything appears okay but I did notice some drops of water on the bottom of the pipe the spud threads into. It's been really humid down here in where we are in TN (98 but feels like 108) and I'm wondering if that could possibly be...
  6. mjl1297

Terry thanks for responding. I completed the repair over the weekend. I followed your advice but I did put some plumber's putty underneath the spud. Everything appears to be fine.
  7. mjl1297

In a foray under my house recently (actually my first in the nine years I've lived here), I discovered that the bathtub in the guest bathroom leaks from the drain under the tub as you head towards the sanitary tee. Judging from the ground below and some of the wood surrounding the drain, this...
  8. mjl1297

Main drain issue?

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to call and cancel the work order tomorrow.
  9. mjl1297

Main drain issue?

I recently had an issue with the plumbing at my house. Based on the symptoms exhibited it appeared to be a clog in the main line drain. The toilet in the master bath stopped flushing and the tub would drain but VERRRY slowly. Flushing the toilet in the other bathroom would cause the water in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks