Search results

1. dngrmys

Kitchen Sink Giving off Dirt Smell - Garbage Disposal?

I have tried that, but the smell is still there.
  2. dngrmys

Kitchen Sink Giving off Dirt Smell - Garbage Disposal?

We have noticed that our kitchen sink is giving off a distinct dirt smell and we're wondering if the garbage disposal is the problem. I have googled this issue and it appears this is a somewhat common problem, but cannot find a conclusive solution. We have tried baking soda, vinegar, cleaning...
  3. dngrmys

Leaky Outdoor Faucet

I have leaky outdoor faucet (probably leaks a gallon of water a day) that drips through the spout and not the handle. I was wondering if I could just "cap it" as a temporary fix until I call a plumber. I was looking online to see if I could fix this issue myself, but it may just be easier to...
  4. dngrmys

Water Leaking on back of house

So, if my plumber already confirmed no leaks (through the water meter) would we still want to do this step?
  5. dngrmys

Hmm...Interesting trick. That sounds like a good idea. The plumber recommended that we plug up the drain then fill the shower up to the lip and check for leaks. I do like your idea, though. It sounds more fool proof.
  6. dngrmys

Thanks - The plumber did check the meter and did not see any leaks. Is it possible to only leak when it's turned on?
  7. dngrmys

So, I had a plumber come out and he confirmed there were no leaks. He has a suspicion that it's the shower that is leaking, so he recommended using the other shower for a couple of days and checking to see if the outside dries up. We have done that and it does appear to be drying out. It...
  8. dngrmys

This is a good point, but I have no clue where this would be located. Any help on typical shut-off locations for outside faucets are appreciated.
  9. dngrmys

1. I put it on before the cold weather hit in November. 2. Good question. I haven't even taken the cover off and don't remember what it looks like. I will do that tonight and get back. 3. Again, I don't remember, but I would likely guess "no". I don't have a wet/dry vac, but I'll see what I...
  10. dngrmys

Yes, definitely wishful thinking, but the way the water is on the bricks (with a concentration around the faucet) leads me to believe that's the culprit. I know the pics don't show the clear definition of the dry vs wet bricks, but my EXTREMELY limited knowledge of both plumbing and physics are...
  11. dngrmys

Thanks, hj. We stopped using the bath as of this morning to see if there is any change in water leakage from the outside. The thing that makes me lean towards a busted outside faucet (or pipe near it) is the concentration of water in that area (see above pics). There is water else where, but...
  12. dngrmys

There are no visible signs of water damage on on the inside of the home, so I don't think it would be the sink shut-offs. Another question, if it it the hosebib and water has leaked, would I need to worry about mold or is there a layer between the brick and house that would prevent that and/or...
  13. dngrmys

Thanks. Do you know why there would be water traveling so far in both directions? Is it just due to path of "least resistance"? Btw, this is a great forum - probably the best plubming resource I have found on the web.
  14. dngrmys

No, single story on a slab foundation. I have a hunch it's coming from the outside faucet due to the "water line" on the bricks. However, you can see the wet brick many feet over (on both sides) of the faucet, so I'm not 100% sure.
  15. dngrmys

Thanks. Do you think the odds are that the leaky pipe is from the outside faucet? If so, how do they go about repairing that? Does it usually require tearing out some of the wall or can it be done through the faucet entry. One thing I did forget to mention is that the inside of that wall...
  16. dngrmys

I noticed yesterday that I have water leaking out of my brick and into my yard. It appears to be a slow leak, but based on the green algae-looking stuff, it appears to have been going on for a while. It's been a cold winter in Texas (and most of the rest of the U.S.), but I have had my faucet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks