Search results

1. TrevorK

Extending toilet drain/flange higher - how? Valve - can I move the handle?

I think I know what this whole process will look like, please let me know if I am on the right path: 1) Cut pipe just below flange (I assume a hacksaw with the right blade would work, if there is a better tool for tight spaces please let me know!) 2) Glue in the coupler 3) Glue in the new pipe...
  2. TrevorK

I took the toilet off and it looks like the flange is on the outside of the pipe, and is glued on: Here is a top view, not sure it helps any: Thoughts on the best way to proceed? Does this change anything in your recommendations?
  3. TrevorK

I would like to just leave it to the plumber doing all the bath/shower stuff, but I need to have the subfloor done (since it goes under the tub) before he gets here. I will pull the toilet and see what is there - and post pictures. That thread was really helpful - I liked the measurements you...
  4. TrevorK

Thanks - that was what I was hoping to hear. I did not want to have to pay the plumber just to solder it the other way. Thanks - I am not a plumber either but this seems like it should be such a simple task with a low risk (it only carries water that is flushed, not water continually under...
  5. TrevorK

The 887-GAM seems like a nice product - no gluing, no nothing. Just press in to fit. I think that's a great idea. Thanks! Am I understanding the instructions correctly - I am using a 3" pipe to "extend" the length of the toilet drain pipe? I assume if I were to cut the existing flange off at the...
  6. TrevorK

I have two questions about my bathroom renovation and am hoping for some help! 1) I am increasing the height of my floor (additional 1/2" plywood, plus going with tile instead of lino), so I want to increase the height of my toilet flange so I do not have to deal with using a double gasket, etc...
  7. TrevorK

Air jet tubs - opinions and brands

Thanks, I'll take a look and see if we can get that brand up here.
  8. TrevorK

Thanks for the link!
  9. TrevorK

We have been looking to install a jetted tub into our bathroom and have settled on air jets for the cleaning aspect (we have been told that water jets require more maintenance and have a greater amount of bacteria/etc... inside because of the sitting water). However, the only problem is that we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks