Search results

1. snokel

Sump pump question

Hi, I had a radon system installed and they sealed my sump pump crock, it seems to work well, but there is no vent pipe, it just goes straight out . How is it able to function being sealed? When it fills with water isn't the air the crock compressed? I have been reading other threads about...
  2. snokel

AFCI breaker (in Wisconsin) needed for dedicated light circuit?

Does anyone know if arc fault breakers are required on dedicated light circuits in Wiscconsin? Reason I ask is my house was built in 2012 and none of the dedicated light circuits have AFCI breakers but al the outlets that are not GFCI protected do. I have a can light circuit in the basement that...
  3. snokel

Pressure treated 2x4s for shower curb a no no?

Been doing a bit of research and everyone seems to say not to use PT lumber for the shower curb over concrete(in a basement) however after having several very heavy and wet PT pieces sit for a couple of months along with standard KD lumber (has the KD stamp) the standard KD has warped and...
  4. snokel

is 90 short sweep elbow allowed going down vert to horz?

I have a 2inch pipe dropping vertical down wall to basement and I need to run it horizontal after the vertical drop is a short sweep allowed in this case as gravity gives the elbow a bit more velocity? It will go horizontal through a joist to a 3 inch pipe with a wye.
  5. snokel

Cutting concrete around basement shower drain? Best way?

Hi, My builder put the rough in for the shower and they didn't put a small square form around the pipe when they poured the basement floor, Why on earth they didn't take the 5 minutes to do that I will never know, but anyways I need to cut out around it so I can install the PVC shower drain...
  6. snokel

Would this cable run down face of beam to wall (under beam)be up to code (Wisc)?

I have a wall framed under a glulam beam and in order to get wire to the outlet box I ran wire from breaker panel through floor joists and then down the unfinished side and into the wall. So it runs from the first floor joists down the unfinshied face of the beam in the unfinished utility area...
  7. snokel

Bedroom 8% natural light requirement? Can someone explain?

I am framing my basement and my building inspector approved my permit but said my existing egress windows the builder installed must provide 8% of the square footage of the bedroom for the natural light requirement. Since the windows are already in place and I think they are 48x36 sliders, and...
  8. snokel

Best way to frame concrete half wall in daylight partial exposure basement?

Hi, Just wondering if anyone had tips on how to frame the concrete partial wall. I am thinking that If I capped the wall with 2x8 pressure treated lumber first so it is even with the existing sill plate and then use that as the top plate to frame it stick by stick? I would then use a...
  9. snokel

Basement insulation question

Hi, I am in the process of framing my basement and I see a lot of articles stating that you should put 2 inch rigid XPS foam board over all concrete in the basement. I am wondering if this is really needed if the basement has R5 on the outside of the foundation. Currently the basement has...
  10. snokel

Rough in move done

Just finished moving my basement rough in a couple of feet over to clear beam and hvac. The shower drain moved over about 2.5 feet and I had to add a dry vent because it was more than 8 feet from the wet vent. The string is the plumb bob I used to position the vents so they will be in the...
  11. snokel

Repair form-a-drain?

Hi, I recently busted up the concrete in my basement to move my rough in and I had to go up to the wall and when I pulled the vapor barrier back the top of the form a drain next to the footing was cracked and had a hole in the top and was filled with gravel, I am assuming the builder did...
  12. snokel

Moving basement rough in, need advice

Hi, My builder put the rough in for our future basement bathroom directly under the main beam and hvac that runs up and down the length of the house, so unless I wanted a bathroom with tons of soffits and a low shower I need to move it over so it clears the main beam. I have broken up the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks