Search results

1. chuckd83

Increasing gas pressure to 2psi

I am installing a tankless water heater and, based on my research of the pressure drop charts, my current gas piping system is not sufficient to supply my appliances. I've read an alternative to replacing the pipe is to have the gas company replace their meter/regulator to increase my current...
  2. chuckd83

Main pipe is leaking at the meter

The main pipe running to my house is leaking. There is a union between a green metal pipe and a white (PVC?) pipe. The white pipe seems to flare down to the green pipe. I've never seen that before. What is it called? Is there some sealer I can put around the union or do I need to cut it out...
  3. chuckd83

Under house drain problem

Ever since I bought this house, there has been a sewage smell outside on one side. I finally figured out why. This pipe is coming from the kitchen (top left of photo) and goes toward the city sewer (bottom left). There are two clean outs(?) that have no cap. It's almost like they are taped on...
  4. chuckd83

Something stuck in tub p-trap

There is something stuck in my tub p-trap. I put a snake down the overflow and it just stops. Called a plumber and he did the same thing, can't get it out. Says the only options at this point are to tunnel to redo the line or bust up the tub. Any suggestions?
  5. chuckd83

sewage backing up from toilets, tub, shower

We had a lot of rain last night and sewage started to back up from the toilet flange, tub, and shower. I went outside and uncapped the clean out. Sewage poured out of it and seemed to help inside for a while until it started backing up again. I called the city and they came out to inspect. They...
  6. chuckd83

Cannot thread plastic nut onto galvanized/iron pipe

I installed a disposal over the weekend. Pretty straight forward project until I got to the (galvanized, iron?) sewer line coming out of the wall. It is threaded and thought the plastic nut would go straight on. I don't know if it's the corroded threads or what, but I cannot get the plastic...
  7. chuckd83

Tankless water heater attic venting

I'm replacing a 40 gal. tank water heater in the attic. I'd rather not have to move the old one down and lug a new one up the drop down ladder. So I'm thinking of installing a tankless one. 2 bathrooms, kitchen sink, dishwasher, and washing machine. The old tank water heater is vented through...
  8. chuckd83

Bathroom sink pop up

I'm installing a Moen Kingsley handle set and it comes with a pop up with two holes for the pivot rod (see attached photo). If I put the pivot rod in the top hole, the pop up wobbles. The pivot rod isn't long enough to stay in the bottom hole.
  9. chuckd83

Toilet flange question

I'm remodeling the master bathroom and just finished tiling. The toilet sewer pipe sticks out a little bit and I'm wondering what toilet flange would work best and how to attach it. Images attached. Thanks for any help.
  10. chuckd83

Double lav with drain 10' from first lav

Not a professional plumber so I'd like advice to make sure what I'm doing makes sense, especially the wye and 90 deg bends for all the horizontals. I have a 2" cast iron hub I'm attaching to using a fernco donut. I'm remodeling my bathroom which entails going from 1 sink to 2, and moving the...
  11. chuckd83

Single to double vanity drain conversion

Hi all, I am about to remodel my master bath (1955) and it has a single vanity. I'm putting in a double vanity and need advice on how to plumb the drain. I opened up the wall underneath the current vanity and took some pictures. Any help would be appreciated.
  12. chuckd83

Pressure test PEX with air compressor pressure regulator

I replumbed my house with PEX and now want to pressure test it. I would rather do it with air. Uponor says to bring it up to 120 psi to condition the pipe for 30 minutes. Then take it down to 80 psi for 2-24 hours. Can I use my air compressor pressure regulator to do this? 1. Connect...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks