Search results

1. chuckd83

Increasing gas pressure to 2psi

Isn't that what the sediment trap is for?
  2. chuckd83

This is my meter and pipe going into the house. Looks like galvanized? Inside the house is black iron.
  3. chuckd83

I say "black iron / galvanized pipe" because sometimes I can't tell the difference. I'll post photos later. What's the problem with galvanized? As far as cost, a 1/2" Maxitrol 325 is $25. Furnace 1, furnace 2, range, and clothes dryer = $100. 3/4" Maxitrol 325 is $50 for the tankless water...
  4. chuckd83

I am installing a tankless water heater and, based on my research of the pressure drop charts, my current gas piping system is not sufficient to supply my appliances. I've read an alternative to replacing the pipe is to have the gas company replace their meter/regulator to increase my current...
  5. chuckd83

Main pipe is leaking at the meter

Thanks, that's what I figured. Do you know what that white pipe is? Not the one sticking out of the ground, but the one leaking. I'd say it's PVC, but it seems to flare into the green pipe.
  6. chuckd83

Main pipe is leaking at the meter

The main pipe running to my house is leaking. There is a union between a green metal pipe and a white (PVC?) pipe. The white pipe seems to flare down to the green pipe. I've never seen that before. What is it called? Is there some sealer I can put around the union or do I need to cut it out...
  7. chuckd83

Under house drain problem

Thanks. I guess I edited my post the same time you replied. Use a combination wye and 1/8 bend, right? This? https://www.homedepot.com/p/2-in-PVC-DWV-All-Hub-Long-Radius-Sanitary-Tee-C4812LHD2/100345170
  8. chuckd83

Well I got under there last night. Disgusting. Put a 10 mil tarp from Home Depot down and went to work. I plugged the two tees and hung the pipe from the floor joists. However, I couldn't get a proper slope. These are photos of the pipe coming from the kitchen drain. It goes from 1-1/2" to 2"...
  9. chuckd83

I don't disagree. Rape was the wrong term.
  10. chuckd83

No, there's nothing.
  11. chuckd83

I'm not even going to call a plumber since I know they'll rape me just to crawl through sewage. I'm thinking of getting some thick plastic to put down over it before even beginning.
  12. chuckd83

New farm sink drain is SLOOOOOOOWWW

Yes, you could get a shallower sink, too. Or get a disposal with a higher outlet. You're just working against too much gravity.
  13. chuckd83

New farm sink drain is SLOOOOOOOWWW

Because the rough drain is the same height as the disposal, the trap depth is larger than allowed (2-4"). You'll have to open the wall and lower it. It looks like you have plenty of space to do that.
  14. chuckd83

Ever since I bought this house, there has been a sewage smell outside on one side. I finally figured out why. This pipe is coming from the kitchen (top left of photo) and goes toward the city sewer (bottom left). There are two clean outs(?) that have no cap. It's almost like they are taped on...
  15. chuckd83

Something stuck in tub p-trap

I bought this house a couple of months ago and it didn't come up in the inspection. I cleaned the tub before renting it out and it drained fine. Tenants complain that it stops up right after they move in. There's a strainer so I don't think they put anything down it. I think it was there...
  16. chuckd83

The plumber put one down there, but couldn't see it. I can try myself. Do you have a recommendation for one?
  17. chuckd83

There is something stuck in my tub p-trap. I put a snake down the overflow and it just stops. Called a plumber and he did the same thing, can't get it out. Says the only options at this point are to tunnel to redo the line or bust up the tub. Any suggestions?
  18. chuckd83

sewage backing up from toilets, tub, shower

There is a clean out on the outside of the house. The city said they would install a backwater valve (not sure what kind) after that clean out and put a pop up at the clean out. That is in case there is an event and the backwater valve closes, the house will discharge through the clean out and...
  19. chuckd83

sewage backing up from toilets, tub, shower

Thanks. I called the city and they said the sewer became "overcharged" during the storm. I convinced them to install the valve which is nice. Do I need to replace the toilet wax rings? I assume the water came through them.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks