Search results

1. monty

Help: Galvanized supply pipe riser to irrigation Back Flow Preventer leak

We have a fairly new house (built in 2011) with an irrigation back flow prevention setup that has a leak. The risers from the buried PVC water supply pipe up to the valve are galvanized steel threaded pipe, and the supply side one now has a pinhole leak. This leak is right at the ground level...
  2. monty

Check Valve Shutoff Loud

Hi, We are having a problem that was isolated to our check valve at our cold water input to our hot water heater. Whenever we have a quick shutoff of water (toilet, sink, dishwasher, clothes washer etc...) the check valve has a thump/bang that is fairly noticeable. The biggest problem...
  3. monty

Water Heater - Incomplete recirculate loop

I am responsible for replacing a failing water heater at my work location - that is a pretty easy solution...take out the old State water heater and put in a new one. Simple & Done. However, I was looking at the installation and there is a Grundfos pump (Model UP 15-18 SU) connected to an...
  4. monty

Yet Another 3 Handle Tub/Shower Diverter Question

I have a problem with my current rental (not my dime to fix, but need to get it working better). We are hoping the entire tub and shower gets replaced soon. I also think it is slowly leaking in the back causing other trouble. This is a Price Pfister I Think - based on the tub spout? Below...
  5. monty

Advice for new construction bath/shower thermostatic valves & handles

We are working on our final design for a new home and need help picking out good quality shower thermostatic valves etc... I want to make sure we pick something that is #1 easy to service, #2 will still have parts available 10 years from now, #3 doesn't require ripping the tile out to fix...
  6. monty

Condensing NG Tank Heater Recommendations

We are looking at using a Condensing NG Tank heater for new construction. I was leaning towards the Polaris, but thought I would see what everyone here thought about other choices... Vertex, Phoenix, Polaris - any others? Pros & Cons? We are going to be using it for DHW and Hydronic...
  7. monty

TPR Inspection Question

We are selling our current home and during the Pre-Sale Home Inspection this came up: Since the original home had a standard tank hot water heater the temperature pressure relief valve is high up on the wall and goes behind the sheet rock. With the Tankless in place the TPR piping goes...
  8. monty

Water Going Cold with Takagi Tankless

I have a 5 year old Takagi Tankles (TK1s) that has been operating well for the past years. In the past months we have been having intermittent problems of the water going cold while showering and filling a bath tub in 3 separate locations. I don't see the problem with a standard hot only...
  9. monty

Hansgrohe new Thermistor Cartridge - Serious Buzzing during mixing

I have a brand new Hansgrohe Thermobalance II assembly with a new thermostatic cartridge part #94282000 - sent to me by Hansgrohe The new thermostatic cartridge is now part plastic, where the old one was mostly brass. My problem with the new one is it creates a really loud buzz-screech...
  10. monty

Help adding a foot control for kitchen sink

I am tasked with adding a foot control to our kitchen sink, my question is is there an easy way to add this without doing major cabinet tear out - add a simple button switch that is wired into the to kick to a electronic valve that would override the facuet handle on the countertop? Anyone...
  11. monty

1 of 3 Toto UltraMax won't shut off quickly - pulses

I have 3 Toto UltraMax toilets new in the last year. Our other 2 work perfectly but the one in the Master doesn't shut off correctly at the end of the fill. It will pulse over and over sometimes for a few cycles, other times for several minutes...a second flush tends to stop it quicker. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks