Search results

1. sleepgsr

Water not Softening

"Have you checked the distributor tube oring?" THIS WAS IT!! I finally got around (In the middle of house renovations) to taking it apart and checking the orings. The top one was too far down and therfore was mixing the hard and softened water. I adjusted it and tested the water again and...
  2. sleepgsr

Water not Softening

I'm pretty sure that it is fine. I did have to reseat or put back the top and bottom orings when I replaced the resin - I'll check again. Also it is partially softening the water - just seems like it getting diluted up to 10 gpg. Softened water should be 100% soft correct?
  3. sleepgsr

Water not Softening

I know that it is not in bypass mode. When I took it apart to check the o-rings I made sure. Also the label on the bypass valve is on the left side saying push for bypass.
  4. sleepgsr

Water not Softening

No its not in bypass - the bypass valve says push for bypass.
  5. sleepgsr

Water not Softening

Yes, I thought that could be the problem with it mixing the water so I did check it and the seals etc are good.
  6. sleepgsr

Water not Softening

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas why I was not getting soft water 0-1 gpg after adding the new resin.
  7. sleepgsr

Water not Softening

AS per the manual http://www.northstarconditioning.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/NSC25EDSS_30ED_40ED_7200570_2001.pdf on page 4 its ii" diameter. It is about 2/3 full of resin. We do not have sulfur - it is a dug well. I just ran another hardness test and its at 10gpg - its set to regen...
  8. sleepgsr

Water not Softening

Thanks I'll post pictures of the unit when i get home later today. I am using this kit for testing http://www.uswatersystems.com/residential/hardness-iron-ph-chlorine-tds-field-analysis-test-kit-2404.html We just moved in a few months ago s Does anyone have an answer to my main...
  9. sleepgsr

Water not Softening

Thanks for the response reach Yes we are on a well The hardness setting on the softener is set on 80 and it does the brine refill and regens automatically - about every 3-4 days. Here is a link to the the manual -...
  10. sleepgsr

Water not Softening

Hello All, After looking through tihs forum i could not find a similar problem so I'm posting to see is anyone can point me in the right direction. We've recently move to the country and have a well. the house came with a softener and one bb filter. I have since changed to a 3 big blue filter...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks