Search results

1. devsd

Will softened water kill plants?

Great timing, I look forward to the read.
  2. devsd

It took a lot of arm twisting to get my wife to go along with the softener installation. She was worried about sodium intake in our diets. But I was going to run a separate line to the kitchen sink and she was OK with that. I pretty much had my mind made up to just bite the bullet and run a...
  3. devsd

It would be very difficult to bypass my planned water softener installation location and run a line for un-softened water to my outside spigots. Will softened water eventually kill my plants in the garden. I don't have any grass, just palm trees and plants.
  4. devsd

Bacteria after clorine has been removed?

I have city water and I'm going to install a GAC system and softener. I have two bathrooms that we don't use except to flush every few weeks to make sure the p-traps stay full. After removing the chlorine, is there any danger from bacteria build up in the pipes where the water might be stagnate...
  5. devsd

How to size a softener for low water usage with high flow fixtures

Thanks, I think that cleared up my confusion. I assumed the gpm rating of a GAC system was based on how fast water at maximum pressure would flow through the carbon media and out of the tank. Instead you program the Fleck valve to restrict the water flow to give it enough time to interact with...
  6. devsd

I'm looking at a Fleck 7000SXT 2.5cuft 13x54tank CS-HAC backwash system which is rated at 10gpm/cuft. 25gpm seems sufficient and maybe more with a 1 1/4 inlet, but I'm wondering if these are real world numbers or does it degrade quickly between backwash's. Oops 10gpm is the backwash rate, it's...
  7. devsd

Thanks, when you say match the system, you mean get the same Fleck 7000SXT with a 13x54 tank for the GAG media? Would you recommend .5cuft for my system? I notice you are in California, can you tell me where your company is located?
  8. devsd

Now that I know which softener size to buy for my flow requirements, I got to checking my city water chlorine levels which range from .3 to 3 averaging 2ppm according to the city. My test showed 1ppm. Most of the carbon systems I have looked at have poor flow rates. I suppose I could parallel a...
  9. devsd

Thanks for the info guys. I have been looking at various online shops for a 7000SXT 2.0cuft 64000 and 2.5cuft 80000grain systems. The 2.5cuft systems flow rate would be better for me if you think our low water usage will work with it. The Fleck 7000SXT valve looks good. I downloaded the Fleck...
  10. devsd

We moved into a new construction house a year ago with hard water. After checking the water bill, I was surprised to learn we don't use a lot of water. So now I am stumped because when I try to calculate what size softener to get to match our low water usage, it seems our high flow fixtures will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks