Search results

1. Gwarrior99

Fleck 7000 1.5 cu ft 48K, water still hard, stumped at this

I will send an update on how I got my system back up correctly. Dittohead and I have exchanged msgs outside this post, but given that what happened to me could happen to anothe online buyer, I want to write up the issues and causes so it Can be used as a reference when needed. It has been a...
  2. Gwarrior99

Thanks to Dittohead, and thanks Gary for clarifying and your point on water flow. Getting this sorted out and then we can optimize usage, which is how i got started here!
  3. Gwarrior99

i drafted an email to my seller and unhappy is an understatement, i wont send until I hear from Dittohead and others. Also, since i have KDF 55, let me know re the DLFC as per this prior post... It should be used on smaller houses, no more than 2 bathrooms. The DLFC must be changed and sized...
  4. Gwarrior99

Thanks, i have a 1 inch dist tube currently, the valve unless I'm wrong needs an adapter or a bigger tube. Id prefer the wider tube. Realized when i looked at my first valve(it broke during shipping and i didnt return it) that is has the adapter Dittohead refers to on the end, originally...
  5. Gwarrior99

OK, I read some more, thats the bottom basket, didnt come with a top basket...i didnt see resin in the valve, but should i have/get a top basket also? Read its difficult to get the tube reseated again at the bottom of the tank. Adapter was on the first valve(I still have it), but not on this...
  6. Gwarrior99

Hello All, Got jammed up last few days, FINALLY got to this today. Broke one red clip(easy to break) when removing the bypass, no biggie I have extras. SO.........., my first valve was 1 inch opening with an adapter, sent with the tank, tube, etc. That was damaged in shipping, wouldnt cycle...
  7. Gwarrior99

Thanks, video really helped, using screwdrivers for the clips etc as example, as a novice just wasn't thinking correctly. I'll report back, I feel like I understand the valve now and not apprehensive to work on it. Hopefully hard water no more sooner rather then later. I have a KDF filter...
  8. Gwarrior99

Thought to attach a picture of my set up. I plan to reach out to my seller to request whatever is needed, but let me know. O ring, dist tube, manifold, all would require valve removal, which im game to try, but again, you all know best. Thanks Greg
  9. Gwarrior99

Fixed the brine tube, too tight at the tank. Tasted salty water in just under a minute during BD, I have a long drain line, so looks like we're getting somewhere, o ring lost/ broken or need detail on manifold issue. In any case brine isn't hitting the resin it seems. I can bypass the...
  10. Gwarrior99

Thanks all, will come back w feedback. Txs Gary, wasnt thinking about water pressure... Yes I'm testing water after the softener, inlet/ outlet is set up correctly also. I ran a regen overnight w new settings just because, and when I checked just now, there was some residual water in the brine...
  11. Gwarrior99

Yes, the only outlet before the softener is the outside hose. I'm going to test that and inside. It is very difficult to remove the H clip to get to the injector screen. I was able to do it on a old valve by really wrenching and banging on it. I don't want to do that here, if anyone has...
  12. Gwarrior99

Something cant be right w the softener/ valve for water to test " softened " water that high. I ran it twice last night, and tested the kitchen sink today. I was baffled as i kept putting drops in during the hach test. 25?! I just started getting more involved with this all weekend, bc ive...
  13. Gwarrior99

Just checked the brine tube thru and all clear. If its the injector screen or dist cap etc, I don't want to disassemble the valve etc Going to run a double regen tonight one more time, test today and tmrw, see what I get May have to get someone to come out who works w fleck valves locally, my...
  14. Gwarrior99

Thanks, embarrassed to say I tested using only strips prior and didn't test before after just once or twice. I fell behind on salt so used the opp to clean the brine tank and start fresh, w 5 gallons of water and 3 bags of salt. I hadn't tested it in a long time until yesterday/ today. Bypass...
  15. Gwarrior99

Hi, I've read many posts, softener was installed 3 years ago by a plumber, it looks to be installed correctly. 1 1/2 cu ft of resin, 8% cross link resin Fleck 7000 Sxt 48k City says 18 Gpg, 320 ppm, my Hach 5b test i just did has me at 25 Gpg, why the 7 differential? is that from pipes to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks