Search results

1. Whipsaw

Replacing RV sink with deeper sink, waste line question

Yes, it's all 1 1/2" save for the crossover piece coming from the sink which appears to be 1 1/4" going into a reducer coupler. I think what I am going to do is buy the sink, all the fittings you listed, a piece of pipe, a new strainer and tailpiece and install the sink then see where I am at...
  2. Whipsaw

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. Yes, it is a corner cabinet and there is a 90 degree elbow (sweep?) to make the turn around the heater to get to the sink plumbing. Here's a pic:
  3. Whipsaw

Hi Wayne. It's 3 1/2" from the back of the cabinet to the center of the trap arm. It is 10 3/4" to the near edge of the hub on the cleanout. I have attached a pic of where I would cut the existing plumbing to retrofit per your first response.
  4. Whipsaw

Hi, Wayne. The pipe running along the water heater in the 3rd photo is the higher portion in the 1st photo. So, from what you are saying I really don't need to go cutting the pipe way back behind the water heater, I can simply reconfigure under the sink to drop the trap and tie back in at the...
  5. Whipsaw

Hi all. I have decided to replace the sink in my 5th wheel RV. I cannot find a new sink of the same dimensions, so I will have to modify the counter and cabinet as well as the waste plumbing. I want to go to a single drain instead of this double sink. The biggest issue I am facing is that this...
  6. Whipsaw

Best way to tie into existing propane plumbing (picture included)?

Thank you for the reply. This is an older RV. All the new RVs use flexible propane hose so I am not concerned about that, and it's what the heater calls for. I am concerned about using the right fitting, though I suppose there is more than one way to skin a cat. PS- I think the easiest way will...
  7. Whipsaw

Best way to tie into existing propane plumbing (picture included)?

Hi. I'm installing an additional heater in my RV and need an extra propane line. I'm going to be using flexible 1/4" propane hose (20' premade). This is the area I need to tie into. You can see there are 2 brass tees coming off a galvanized tee from the black iron pipe. My thought was to add a...
  8. Whipsaw

Plumbing outbuilding with no crawl space

I need to draw up a plan. Any suggestions as to the best resources to make sure I am up to code?
  9. Whipsaw

The more I think about it, the more I think you are right. It will be much easier for me to plumb all the waste lines into that area, and then make one single connection to the 4" waste line outside. It becomes too difficult otherwise.
  10. Whipsaw

I have a cleanout at the 4" sewer pipe that's already in the ground. I thought that's what you meant. I guess I should have been more clear with this thread. I have one of two options: Dig, or lift. I am wondering people's opinions on what would be the best course of action given I'd like to...
  11. Whipsaw

There is no frost line here. But I am more concerned with how to gain access. I have plenty of fall in the waste line, and already have a cleanout.
  12. Whipsaw

Right, but I'll also have to get the waste pipe positioned from underneath.
  13. Whipsaw

Yes, I have a waste line near the building, I just need to plumb the building and tie into it. The building is on 6x6 skids. I'm just trying to figure the easiest way to run waste. I'll put the toilet in the corner of the building near where the waste line is. I've only got 6 inches of room...
  14. Whipsaw

Thanks, but I don't want steps up into the bathroom.
  15. Whipsaw

I have a 12 x 16 outbuilding which I'd like to put a toilet, shower, and sink in. I already have water in the building, but I need waste lines. The building sits on skids and I'm wondering the best way to achieve this. I suppose I could find some big beams and jack it up, but I'd have to...
  16. Whipsaw

CycleStopValve installed, had an issue...

I appreciate the explanation and I will read it several times until it sticks. There are so many variables that I want to make sure I can properly address and troubleshoot any potential problems with this system. A cycle sensor is probably not a bad idea because I cannot babysit this thing like...
  17. Whipsaw

I am going to buy a high quality pressure gauge to check the air on the tank. If it is indeed at 34, I should probably add some. I will crank the pressure switch 3 full turns.
  18. Whipsaw

I am not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill, I am trying to understand this system. I am the one who paid a lot of money to have this well installed, and it is up to me to be able to troubleshoot and repair things. I actually asked the well guy to set up the system for me, WITH the...
  19. Whipsaw

I can do that, but can you explain something to a newbie like myself? If I was pumping around 8 gpm out of the hose bib (which I in fact tested with a bucket today to see what the flow rate was when this happened), and the pressure regulator reads around 45 psi at that volume, how is the csv1a...
  20. Whipsaw

The pressure tank is holding 34 psi after the water is gone. I checked it twice. I just used a tire gauge. It does not take anywhere close to 30 seconds to fill the tank. More like less than 10, maybe 5 seconds. I don't honestly understand why, unless maybe something inside the valve is acting up.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks