Search results

1. Cephus

Parts Needed for Single-piece Glacier Bay Toilets

Bought a new house last year and it came with two probably 80s era Glacier Bay toilets. These are one-piece units without the dual-flush feature. They worked fine for a year, but now one if them is starting to run and I'm having a heck of a time sourcing replacement parts. Of local sources...
  2. Cephus

Question about Ceiling Fan wiring

Bought a new house 4 months ago and one of the first things I noticed is that the old owners had used a non-ceiling fan rated plastic box, which had broken. So I took down the fan and planned to replace the box and reinstall it relatively quickly. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Work got...
  3. Cephus

Septic System Cover

No clue where to put this, if this is wrong, please move it to the appropriate forum. As I said in another forum, we just bought a house and it's on septic. The geniuses who lived there before decided it would be a great idea to put in a circular driveway right on top of the septic tank and we...
  4. Cephus

Cleaning Really Tough Toilet Stains

We just bought a house and sometime in the last month, while escrow was going through, one of the contractors or inspectors that we had go through the house used the restroom. Of course, they didn't know that I had shut off the water to that bathroom because it needs to have the flapper...
  5. Cephus

Broken Mortise Lock

Not quite a remodel question, but this is an ancient lock that's been on my front door forever. Last night, we locked the lock as always and inside, the whole lock exploded. Now the door is locked closed and cannot be opened. I removed the lock from the front and back and inside, the bit that...
  6. Cephus

What to do when tools just won't fit?

I've got a small sink in our laundry room, it's in a tiny enclosure only big enough for the sink top. Today, I realized that the old pipes had corroded and sprung a leak. I need to replace all of the piping, it's all bad, but when I went in to loosen the drain, I realized that no pipe wrench...
  7. Cephus

Installing Dishwasher

Got a question, I've been considering this for a while but I'm finally thinking of getting it done. We live in an old house, built in 1926, so there's nowhere to install a dishwasher in the kitchen. Just outside of the kitchen though, in what has become the laundry room, there is an old...
  8. Cephus

Clog in the main drain line

This is an annual problem and I have no idea how to solve it. Once a year or so, our kitchen sink, washing machine and a utility sink all back up whenever the washing machine drains. They are all on the main drain in the house, the system goes from washing machine to utility sink to kitchen...
  9. Cephus

The tub diverter spout will not move!

I've got a house that was built in 1928 and I have no idea how long the plumbing has been in the oldest bathroom in the house, but it certainly predates my time here. The tub diverter is dead, you can pull it up and it does nothing at all. It's a screw-off type, no set screw so it should be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks